Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Anyone used online Spectacles re-glazing
  • BluePalomino
    Free Member

I’m soooo pee’d off getting fobbed off by local & high street opticians who wont reglaze because my glasses were not bought from them. So online i must go (cheaper too innit :wink:)… can anyone recommend an internet based optician that reglazes?
    cheers

oddjob
    Free Member

The specs place are pretty good and very reasonable.

marmottefarcie
    Free Member

I have had positive results using Ciliary Blue.

woffle
    Free Member

I have had positive results using Ciliary Blue.

what he said, have had 5 pairs of glasses over the past 2 or 3 years reglazed by them and have recommended to all and sundry. Yet to hear of a negative experience.

BluePalomino
    Free Member

Thanks ppl. I thought Ciliary Blue looked like the best option, so it’s good to hear positive experiences to back up my instinct. Use them then 🙂

thehustler
    Free Member

Strange that locals and high street wont, most independants will unless the frame is obviously new and never been glazed b4 with prescription lenses, the only time you would then be turned away from an independant is if you cant provide a receipt for purchase. (this is because frame theft is rife and to try and combat it we dont glaze without proof of purchase or the frame already being prescription glazed)

BluePalomino
    Free Member

I’ve heard all sort of excuses from high street opticians this week trying to get mine and Mrs BP’s new frames glazed. Business must be booming if they can all turn down several £100’s for no reason. It’s very clear the reason they won’t do it is because we didn’t buy the frames from them 🙂 Can’t say i heard the ‘the frames could be stolen’ line though! Surely it’s not just brand new, unglazed frames that get stolen is it? Anyway Ciliary Blue have already been most helpful so thanks for the info ppl.

thehustler
    Free Member

Frames aren’t glazed until sold so of course the would be unglazed on display that get stolen……Or do you think opticians are Soo rich they can have about 1000 versions of each frames in stock to account for varying lens types, prescriptions and measurements, high street opticians are actually having a v tough time ATM which is why they take a hard line, it costs about £60-70 to test someones eyes we get paid £20-30 so profit has to be made in glasses, the online guys don’t take that hit so just cream the profit, but don’t worry when the indies go out of business I’m sure they’ll test your eyes obline for you too

4ndyB
    Free Member

I must have caught Vision Express on a good day then, they said they’d happily replace the lenses in my frames, can’t remember the price they quoted me so it can’t have been that bad

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Anyone used online Spectacles re-glazing’ is closed to new replies.