Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Anyone used Ofcom?
  • monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Would like to complain to Ofcom about some issues we have/are having regarding our mobile phone provider.
    Is it worth complaining to Ofcom? Anyone ever done something similar?

bigyinn
    Free Member

Depends what the issues are as to whether Ofcom will get involved. They can get involved as a last resort, but its usually better to resolve with the supplier.
    What are the issues as you see them?

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Mrs got a sim only deal for her blackberry. She was told as it was a sim only she could cancel at any time. Anyway, after a few months she struggled with reception and had to drop the phone to 2g to get any signal.
    Never had a problem with the phone before and it worked fine with another sim.
    Spoke to her provider who told her she was tied in until july. Refused to cancel without charges etc etc can’t speak to a manager, passed round departments, average call is around 1hour mark, so not getting anywhere with the provider.

Marko

I’ve dealt with them twice – or rather the approved arbitration service.

You need to come to a deadlock position with your provider first, so fire off a letter with your complaint (signed for). Give them time to respond and then fill out all the stuff from the arbitration service.

First time I got £250 compensation and a refund, second time nothing – and yet my second complaint was far more serious than the first, so it is a bit random.

Both complaints were about the telcos failure to refund me for a service they did not provide. (No internet for a week or so and lying to me).

Marko

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Cheers Marko. We are in the process of sending the letter of complaint.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Anyone used Ofcom?’ is closed to new replies.