Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Anyone used insulation tape to repair punctures?
  • 06awjudd
    Free Member

I set off on a bike ride the other day, cycled past some fellow cyclists having a drink in a local pub, turned the corner and bunnyhopped off the road onto the pavement, upon which I got a pretty major puncture 🙁 .

Embarrasingly, I walked back past the cyclists (much to their amusement) that I had cycled past a minute ago, to get back to the car.

I then remembered I was cycling on my spare tube, and had no puncture repair stuff.

I really didn’t want to head home, so I decided to try and wrap some insulation tape around the puncture, I wrapped it around 3 strips wide, on the semi inflated inner tube, before deflating and refitting to the wheel. To my surprise, it worked perfectly, and has yet to lose any pressure over a week later.

Just wondering if anyone else has done this?

I know it’ll be my go to fix in the future, having reached a total of 17 puncture patches once, the faff it will save is massssiiivvvveee!!!

doncorleoni
    Free Member

Nope….. But I will be throwing a roll in my bag tomorrow! Wonderful stuff 🙂 thanks!

06awjudd
    Free Member

Nope….. But I will be throwing a roll in my bag tomorrow! Wonderful stuff thanks!

Well, next time you get a puncture, and can’t be arsed with a patch…….

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Anyone used insulation tape to repair punctures?’ is closed to new replies.