Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Anyone used holiday autos – Geneva airport
  • peasant
    Free Member

Looking to hire car from Geneva airport holiday autos seem cheapest but some poor reviews anyone hired from them ?

geoffj

The last couple of times I’ve looked, going direct to Hertz or Europcar has been cheaper than HA.

JohnnyPanic

Used them, were OK.
    Also try http://www.carhire3000.com/ , another consolidator.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I’ve used them lots in the past and never had any problems, afterall you end up actually getting the car from europcar, hertz etc they are just a broker as such.

Mugboo

I’ve used them without any problem.

One thing to watch out for though, whoever you choose to use.

I once hired the car from the French side because it was cheaper (we were going snowboarding in France). This means you have no pass for the short section of Swiss motorway on your return to the airport.
    Makes for a hellishly complicated way back to the airport as you can’t just follow the signs….Avoid!

globalti
    Free Member

Holiday Autos is just an internet clearing house for car hire. You will probably end up getting the car from Europcar or somebody.

As advised, go for the Swiss side at Geneva because the French territory exit is fiendishly complicated and returning depends on finding a little-known sliproad at the border.

When you return your car, first drop your passengers and the baggage at the terminal. Then refill your tank at a small Elf filling station underneath the World Trade Centre, on the right as you approach the car hire return. You have to insert a payment card in one of the payment posts, nominate a pump, fill up, then go back and re-insert the same card for a receipt. It’s a horrible system to use when you’re a bit stressed so leave lots more time than you think you’ll need. From the car hire place there’s a shuttle back to the terminals.

cp

Yep, used them for lanzarote. Car came from hertz, all fine, everything went very smoothly. Think they are Which? recommended.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Never had any problems with the French side at Geneva airport and its much cheaper than the swiss side

peasant
    Free Member

Hi thanks for all your replys 😀

beanum

I nearly always use them (unless the Easyjet/Europcar bundle is cheaper), I always end up Alamo/National though…

You don’t say if you’re heading into France or Switzerland but if it’s Switzerland, watch out for the speed cameras on the autoroute to Lausanne and beyond.. There’s one every 5km between Nyon and Lausanne…

peasant
    Free Member

BEANUM I am heading for Meribel France for 5 days for some riding

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Anyone used holiday autos – Geneva airport’ is closed to new replies.