Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Anyone used Enduroshield windscreen rain repellant?
  • higgo
    Free Member

I’ve never felt the need to coat the windscreen in about 20something years of car ownership but this morning I have the urge.

Anyone used ‘Enduroshield’? I’m obviously very interested in your views on other windscreen rain repellants too but I’m told Enduroshield works differently.

Del

dunno about the one you have.
    used to use rain-x on my old car. it had 5hit wipers but was very fast, so not the ideal combination!
    had to degrease the screen, then apply, then wet and polish. bit laborious in application. also use recommended screen wash, and really try to avoid using wipers on a dry screen.
    very odd feeling, travelling at 80mph, in torrential rain, with the wipers switched off!
    after time though it smears and you have to reapply, or it becomes difficult to see out of the screen in the wet under street lights, and it’s function is very impaired.

higgo
    Free Member

Any reason you didn’t continue using it on your new car?

Is it as simple as the new one being slower with better wipers?

spacemonkey

Not used Enduroshield, but have used Rain-X over the years. IMO not nearly as effective as it used to be. Preferred when it came in separate “bottles”.

FuzzyWuzzy

I had some Rain-X is a slightly dodgy looking pink bottle thing and it was great, as above driving at 70mph+ in torrential rain and you don’t need the wipers on. I lost the bottle and bought some more but in different packaging a year later and it didn’t seemed to do much, it did work but not enough to make me want to go through the hassle of applying it all the time (lasted a couple of weeks between applications during wet periods but obviously depends how much use your wipers).

Del

slower car/better wipers was one reason, but also the faff involved in properly applying the stuff, and then the faff in taking off the remains afterwards, whether or not you decided to continue using it. may not be the case with the stuff you’re considering though i guess.
    i still think about getting some again though, just for the novelty value. 😀

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

Asda locally are selling screenwash with RainX built in. May have some at a local store to you…

Taff
    Free Member

If rain-x is put on properly then it’s pretty good but the last two times I put it on I put too much on. It’s only good if you’re doing motorway miles and high speed as slower speeds mean you have to use the wipers and is slightly blurry.

Decent wipers and washer fluid are also a good alternative.

jodicus
    Free Member

Came across Enduroshield in a bathroom store for showers. Works a treat on the car and bike visor. far better than Rain x as doesnt streak, lasts much longer and is really easy to apply. I’m totally hooked on it now and would never touch rain x again. Not tried the stainless steel version yet but been told it’s good for that too.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Anyone used Enduroshield windscreen rain repellant?’ is closed to new replies.