Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Anyone used cash4mountainbikes?
  • nemtbroutes
    Free Member

Just wondering if anyone had any experience of usng http://www.cash4mountainbikes.co.uk. Are they reliable and did you get a fair price? Cheers.

M1llh0use
    Free Member

Screams scam to me…

fatsimonmk2
    Free Member

you know the old saying if it appears to be to good it probably is!!!! 🙄

Liftman

If the bike is not as described we may offer a reduced price in light of any defects

This would be the most used line me thinks, it’s just another webuyanycar type set up

seavers
    Free Member

Scam or no…there is zero chance you would get a good deal.

nemtbroutes
    Free Member

Have a bike to sell. Will post here on Singletrack first then e-bay I guess.

cynic-al
    Free Member

So that’s how hora buys these days?

acidchunks

Q.How do I send my bike to you?
    A.Easy, once the purchase price has been agreed for your bike, we will email you a purchase agreement form which needs to be signed and returned. Once the form is complete we will send you a bike box, simply put your bike in and we will arrange collection!

Sounds like a great way to get a free cardboard bike box delivered to your home.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Their facebook and twitter buttons don’t do very much.

ti456neal
    Free Member

It’s hard to get a good price when selling a complete bike as it is, this sounds even worse. Even if it isn’t a scam, the money you’d actually get from these jokers will be less than if you put it on eBay with 99p start!! :-/

bruneep

So you send them full details of your bike and your address. How long after is your bike stolen?

nemtbroutes
    Free Member

Their advert is in this months Mountain Bike UK.

bigyinn
    Free Member

That hardly legitimises the business does it?

Junkyard
    Free Member

No idea if it is legit but like selling your car to the trade you will get a very low price – they are doing it for profit- so why bother given here, ebay, gumtree etc

Another new avenue for theifs to get guaranteed sales???
    Not saying they are targetting them like but bound to happen

andyl
    Free Member

I wonder how often they ask for proof of ownership….looks like a nice way to make thieves lives easier.

If you aren’t happy with the price they offer after they receive your bike it’s a £45 fee to get it back 😕

Junkyard
    Free Member

So they could offer a huge price and make circa £30 by not even bothering to unpack it and just send it back to you
    I suspect every price will be at least £45 less than offered.

Owner might just notice this thread …that would be interesting

M1llh0use
    Free Member

It was mainly the complete lack of any company registration or address details on top of the “of course you an just drop in” bit.

Fishy, very fishy….

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

This place has the same phone number?
    http://www.lanesragroup.co.uk/

devs
    Free Member

Their logo looks like the one that that dude asked everyone to shop for him.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

1. You declare that you understand that all the information, designs, text, graphics, code, software and any other materials contained in this website, as well as arrangement thereof are copyrighted to Cash4mountainbikes.co.uk and are protected by copyright law. ALL RIGHTS ARE RESERVED.

From T&C’s screams there are get out clauses hidden in here somewhere 🙂

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Lol ^^^^^ misread but still suspect in my book

hora
    Free Member

Its smacks of offer you a shit price then whack it up for what you were trying to sell it for.

sparkyrhino

^^^^
    you would be better taking it to a cash convertors,at least then you can walk past and see how much they have marked the price up,and then shit in there letterbox. 😯

gsp1984
    Free Member

Great way to get stolen bikes for cheap, then sell all the parts and scrap the frames.

The only people who are going to accept rock bottom prices, are people that have stolen a bike worth £3k and want a quick £500.

cash4mountainbikes
    Free Member

Hi to everyone that has been commenting on http://www.cash4mountainbikes.co.uk

Having read all of your comments I felt I had to reply to them and try to put my point across.

First of all I need to address the point of stolen bikes. In order for us to buy any second hand bike we always ask for some proof of purchase, I myself am a keen cyclist and had my garage/house burgled back in March, losing my pride and joy (and a lot more besides) and subsequently getting a payout which didn’t cover it. I always try to talk to the people I try to buy the bikes off to get try and get a feel for who i’m dealing with. If I suspect a bike to be stolen I would never buy it. I consider all burglars/theives to be low life scum.

Secondly I would like to address the point of the lack of company registration, this is becuase I am a sole trader and as such the business is registered at my home, I do not wish to put my home address on the site, as I’m sure none of you would, I’m currently in the process of acquiring some business premises, to which that address will be shown.

Then there’s the point of the price offered. This is a service to offer a way of quickly selling your bike, so you must expect to take a bit less. I can guarantee to have funds in your bank within 5 days. Alternativley you could sell it on ebay and lose 13.4% on fees, or sell it on pinkbike or similar which could take months.

The charge of £45 is only ever applied if the person sending the bike has been less than honest, i’ve had people send me bikes with rear mechs missing, broken parts, the list goes on. This is only there to cover me, not everybody out there is honest on their forms! There are no hidden ‘get outs’ in the T&Cs either.

Cash4mountainbikes is a legitmate way of selling your bike, all of your claims here are unfounded and incorrect. I’ve bought hundreds of bikes over the years, and decided the try to expand my business by advertising in mountain biking UK. By all means fill out the form if your looking to sell your bike, you maybe pleasantly suprised.

I hope I have answered all of your points, feel free to email me if there is anything you wish to ask me.

Trimix
    Free Member

That sounds like a reasonable response.

atlaz
    Free Member

Proof of purchase eh? Well that’d be me out. I think I have the proof of purchase for one of the bikes I own and thats only because it’s quite new.

Given you’ve used what is presumably the family furniture business as a name and address to register the domain (BTW you really should change the registrant type as someone might complain and you could lose the domain), why not have that on the website? Surely if you’ve bought hundreds of bikes, a few quid on a PO Box wouldn’t hurt either? It just makes people a bit nervous seeing online businesses without any real way to verify who they are (companies house being another popular way).

cash4mountainbikes
    Free Member

Hi Atlaz,

Thank you for your reply/comments, the will be taken on board. Indeed I’ve used my other on-line business to register the domain, it will be changed soon. The address my new premises (when I move) will be on the website. I understand peoples nervousness, I always try to carry out transactions face to face, with cash where possible, however i’m in west yorkshire so i’m limited to how far i’m willing to go, hence my arrangements with my couriers.

Proof of purchase is usually easy to get hold of as most bike/shops businesses will issue duplicate invoices, if purchased within the last 7/8 years. Or credit card companys will usually provide old statements.

Thanks

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Anyone used cash4mountainbikes?’ is closed to new replies.