Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Anyone used an MP3 player in the pool?
  • scratch
    Free Member

Tempted as 90mins 3 times a week can be a bit dull, be handy for podcasts I never get the chance to listen to, but water and MP3 players? I’m suspicious it’ll last about 5mins!

Anyone use one?

Mackem

My girlfriend does. A Sony one.

antigee

I use a sony one as well (but I’m not anyone’s girlfriend)
    before that I had an ebay special which was great but I lost it

Might have changed but the sony I have has a specific charging cradle so you have to find that when want to charge it – also the on/off switch seems very odd to me and it is easy to leave on and find it dead

I find swimming mind numbingly boring – it helps

scratch
    Free Member

Ta! loads of mixed reviews on Amazon, some say great, some say they’ve worked for 5mins, I’ll have a dig around.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

The Bragi Dash. 4gb onboard, just drop songs or podcasts into one of the playlists and swim .

scaredypants

apparently you just have to change one of the settings in an iphone and you can use that – set i-mmerse to “on” I think

simon_g

My brother swims more than an hour most days and uses a Sony one, still holding up fine after a couple of years.

scratch
    Free Member

Tempted to bodge a cheap ebay shuffle copy + a few self seal bags/clingfilm and pair with some speedo headphones, and stick the lot under a swim cap…

antigee

the cheap one I had that worked fine was one of these – clips onto goggles strap

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mini-4GB-IPX8-Waterproof-MP3-Player-FM-Radio-Underwater-Swimming-Diving-Earphone-/141817855519

instructions were very poor English but it all seemed obvious

not from this seller – just picked at random

hugorune

I’ve got an ipod shuffle via waterfi which clips onto my goggle straps and plays via the supplied earbuds – pretty good. Had it for about two years and it still works perfectly. Awesome for use in the gym, biking in the rain, attached to a sweaty scotsman in Australia etc.

[/url]

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Anyone used an MP3 player in the pool?’ is closed to new replies.