Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Anyone use swampthings
  • carbon337
    Free Member

I'm looking for a new rear tyre for these more inclemint conditions…

Replacing a Maxxis Advantage 2.25 which I have on at the mo and is getting lethal.

Im thinking a Swampthing 60a 2.35 on the rear with my minion 2.35 ST up front?

Its for natural trails – woods with peat under pine needles – mostly steep and technical.

Opinions please?

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

I like 'em but i'd say put a pair on for winter … can be a bit draggy though.

heihei

My tyre of choice for the winter. Draggy as hell when it dries up though!

br
    Free Member

Heavy, slow, grippy.

Maybe on the front, for real crap conditions.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I run a swampthing SP on the front when it turns to proper winter. Bonty mud X on the rear though.

dans160
    Free Member

I use them for muddy, wet conditions. Supertacky on the front and a regular 60a on the back. I run the front at just over 30psi and the back at around 35psi. Plenty of grip and I find they are only 'draggy' in dry conditions but then you wouldn't be using them then. The 2.35 single plys are not that heavy.

carbon337
    Free Member

not sure whether to get a 60a for the back with the Min DHf ST up front or..

get a Swampy ST and run it on front and the Minion ST on the rear.

Decisions decisions.

neil853
    Free Member

how do people find these tubeless? what are they running (single ply, dual ply, LUST)?

scruff
    Free Member

Swampy better on the front IMO, HR on the back maybe.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I'm running the steel bead SP swampie fine. 30psi on Stans Flows – no rimstrips.

dans160
    Free Member

I use tubes.

bigdonx
    Free Member

My winter setup is Swampthing ST 2.35(ish) on the front, Minion DHF (also 2.35ish, but not ST) on the back. Works pretty good in exactly the condtions/terrain you describe.

Had a ST Swampthing on the rear for a while, but by the time I got to the trails it was time to go home – v slow on the tar! Wouldn't bother with ST on the rear again.

Can't comment on the non ST Swampthings.

jam-bo

advantages lethal? i think they're pretty good in the wet…

I_Ache
    Free Member

Got one on the back at the moment its great for plugging along in the deep mud but as said its a little draggy. We only seem to get a little surface mud or really deep mud so I have a High roller on the front.

hora
    Free Member

Swampthings are stunning IMO. peat under pine needles? WAAAY too draggy (i,e grippy) on them though.

As they start to wear they become brilliant- you can grab the front brake and not wash out etc.

I usually ride Ardents front and rear summer, Ardent rear Spring/Autumn with a Swampthing front and winter Swampthing both sides.

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

Mine are running ghetto tubeless, no problems on some old D521 rims.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Anyone use swampthings’ is closed to new replies.