Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • anyone use st johns wort ?
  • nonk
    Free Member

thinking more to deal with some of the nerve pain that lyme has left me with not so much the depression side of things. any tales of badness or goodness would be appreciated. 😀

sorry wrong forum.

nonk
    Free Member

come on the amount of miserable bnuggers on here someone must have given it a run out 😀

Diawl
    Free Member

I take it every day coz I’m a miserable bngger. No side effects to report.

cupra
    Free Member

use it in winter, no side effects, might need to use it all year round though judging by recent moods 🙂

RicB

It works in a similar way to (older) tricyclic antideps but there’s b*gger all evidence for it being useful in pain. Even the evidence for use in depression is sketchy. Plus tricyclic drugs are renowned for being cardiotoxic :-/

Much better, cleaner, better studied, more predictable and safer drugs on Rx from your GP.

ton

used it for a couple of years………….now need something a bit stronger (paroxetine).

i reckon st johns wort is a placebo. 😆

anjs
    Free Member

Can also mess up you drug processing paths and can stop and other drugs you are on from working correctly

RicB

i reckon st johns wort is a placebo

There is evidence it works, but only in pts with severe depression.

I wouldn’t touch it with a bargepole

spacehopper

tried it, but it had no effect for me..

nonk
    Free Member

righto thanks for that..i wouldnt try it with any other drug but i reckon i will have a look into the cardiotoxic side of things.
    ta very much.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘anyone use st johns wort ?’ is closed to new replies.