Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Anyone use Memory Map and an Edge 705
  • Fat-Lad
    Free Member

I uploaded a route to my 705 in exactly the same way I’ve done to my old 305. But when it came to navigate it while out and about it just kept trying to get me to go back to the startpoint in a straight line ignoring all the waypoints?

Any Ideas what I did wrong?

Fat Lad

Dibbs
    Free Member

Are you using the latest version of MM? (5.3.2)

Feldo
    Free Member

There are various settings on the 705, but if you are trying to use a ‘route’ off road, it will try to navigate you back to the nearest road, so you need to convert to a ‘track’ on MM, import to the 705 and follow the track on the map display as it will not prompt you directions as it does with a ‘route’.

BigJohn

I had exactly the same thing happen to me when I set a route around the Peak. Halfway round, in the Woodbine Cafe, I went through the menus and found it was “navigating” me back to the start point along the roads. I perssed “stop navigating” and it was fine.

BTW, I always store the routes I want to follow as “courses”. That’s a .crs file. Then go into training on the main meny, select courses and “do course”. All you have to do then is follow the big thick purple line. It’s then perfect.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Anyone use Memory Map and an Edge 705’ is closed to new replies.