Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Anyone use Harveys Outdoor Atlas's
  • spawnofyorkshire

Used a mates BMC 1:40000 maps before for walking and biking and in looking to get my own set for the lakes and dales i’ve come across the harveys outdoor atlas which look to fit my needs.
    Anyone had any trouble with them?
    Otherwise i’m after a waterproof set of maps with broad coverage

StirlingCrispin

I’ve used these in the Ochils and they’re excellent.

Some of the paths don’t exist on the ground – but that’s the Ochils for you and the OS maps have even more of a problem in that respect.

nedrapier

Only used the SDW map before. Dead handy – the route’s chopped into sections, all on one sheet (front and back). useful things marked – taps etc (even though you’d be best off checking which are working before you left) Weatherproof too.

My copy’s a bit long in the tooth now. Route changes plus knowing more of it better, plus GPS purchase means it’s a bit redundant for that ride!

Still, it’s a nice map format.

ElShalimo

I use the Dales Atlas.
    Its a bit heavy but good when your route crosses the paper map boundaries. Is a little bulky too but fits in my bum bag. I think they’re worth the extra weight, quite robust too.

slowoldgit
    Free Member

I ike their mapping: it has the detail one needs without irrelevant stuff like parish boundaries.

ElShalimo

spawnofyorkshire – I’m in HX4 if you want to lend it

spawnofyorkshire

Thanks everyone, I think i’ll get the dales one for this weekend and give it a bash. It’ll live in my daypack but would fit in my coat map pocket if need be
    I plan all my routes on pc but do prefer to navigate by map

scotroutes

Harveys mapping used to be available on Anquet but I can’t recall seeing any other electronic version of it. Shame as it’s well presented stuff for the outdoor enthusiast.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Anyone use Harveys Outdoor Atlas's’ is closed to new replies.