Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Anyone use GiffGaff?
  • breatheeasy
    Free Member

Times up on my iPhone contract so it looks appealing.

Not 100% sure from reading their website, but is there an automatic way of getting a goody bag every month automatically? Seems to suggest I can ‘top up’ when I reach a certain credit level but not sure how that works when you’ve got a goody bag that lasts just a month regardless of minutes left.

maxray
    Free Member

Been looking at giffgaff too, as far as I can see you have to manually top up each month, got my sim this morning so might try it for a month before I change my number over etc.

Handsomedog
    Free Member

I use GiffGaff, along with the OH and a few guys in the office. Can’t speak highly enough of the service, definitely recommended.

There isn’t a way of automatically buying goodybags, but the mobile site is very easy to use so you can do it via mobile. You can also queue goodybags up if you aren’t going to be able to top up for a while.

You can set it up to automatically add credit to your account – for use on numbers that aren’t included in the goody bag/for when you run out of minutes – this seems to work well, they might add an auto-goodybag function at some point.

Definitely recommend giving them a go.

deadpixel1
    Free Member

Giffgaff only sells O2 sims so why ignore the rest of the network sim deals?

simon_g

Been on their network for quite a few months now. As said, you can queue a goodybag so I just do at some point in the month and the next one takes over from the expiring one.

No problems, number transfer in worked fine, they use O2’s network so reception will be as good or bad as they are.

thebunk

I was looking at GiffGaff but no tethering allowed?

simon_g

I was looking at GiffGaff but no tethering allowed?

I’ve not come across anyone offering “unlimited” data who does, and certainly not near £10/month.

GG do data-only plans for putting in laptop/tablet/dongle from £5/month.

Militant_biker

thebunk – tethering is allowed, but you have to buy a gigabag as well as a goodybag.

However, if you have an iPhone, I think Apple won’t create the settings GiffGaff would need for tethering, so you’d have to either Jailbreak and use a 3rd party app, or use the iTether app (that was available for about 4 hours on the App Store).

Edited in link.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

I jumped ship from voda this week. Easy as pie. No strings. Set up a reseve goody bag. Done.

If anyone goes with gg if they sign up for a sim via the link below they get £5 credit
    Link for £5

joolsburger
    Free Member

I use them and so far it’s going well. Number porting was a doddle, settings were easy to do and all seems well. For £10 a month it’s pretty good.

thebunk

Militant, as far as I could tell, with gigabags you would then have two sim cards – which sounded like a right pointless faff.

I want to get a wifi ipad and use my (android) phone for 3g tethering. The t-mobile sim only plans look OK for this, as browsing is unlimited.

Sorry for the hijack though – giffgaff does look good if you don’t want tethering.

bruneep

I want to get a wifi ipad and use my (android) phone for 3g tethering. The t-mobile sim only plans look OK for this, as browsing is unlimited.

But if you turn your HTC into a wifi hotspot, would they know thats what you’re doing?

Militant_biker

Militant, as far as I could tell, with gigabags you would then have two sim cards – which sounded like a right pointless faff.

It seems I can add a gigabag to my existing SIM. Hope to try it out when I move back.

thebunk

But if you turn your HTC into a wifi hotspot, would they know thats what you’re doing?

I don’t know! I’ve had a company Blackberry for five years. I don’t really understand any of the things I’m saying. 😳

(I would be accessing the Apple store from an Android phone though – bit of a giveaway?)

bruneep

I would be accessing the Apple store from an Android phone though – bit of a giveaway?

doubt if they would care or notice

<Will go and try it>

maxray
    Free Member

I would like to know if this is the case as I have an “old skool” 16g wifi ye olde 1st gen ipad which is fine when using my desire as a hotspot.

bruneep

Well HTC sensation works fine as hotspot. lappy, ipad itouch all work on itunes.

posted via HTC hotspot on ipad.

getonyourbike
    Free Member

I’ve jsut activated my new Giffgaff sim now. Just to transfer the number

sambob
    Free Member

I get the £10 goody bag monthly, far more minutes than I ever need but I like the unlimited internet and texts. Good coverage most places, patchy at home but I can deal with that.

seosamh77
    Free Member

tenner a month, canny whack it really, 250 minutes, unlimited text and interweb. 🙂 had zero issues myself, with them just over 2 months. family members have been with them for over a year no issues.

Militant_biker

thebunk – that’s class! Compare that with their top-up page;

Note: You can use the SIM in your iPad, tablet, or mobile internet dongle. Or you can connect to other devices using your smartphones tethering feature.

Looks to me like someone hasn’t kept a track of all the places they had previously said No! 😆

stabilizers

Been with GiffGaff for a couple of months now. No complaints. Great service and great value.

thebunk

MB – that’s for the data only sim. Seems to me that the Giff Gaff customer service model isn’t very scalable – it’s impossible to get an unambiguous answer…

chakaping
    Free Member

Seems to me that the Giff Gaff customer service model isn’t very scalable – it’s impossible to get an unambiguous answer…

Innit.

I’ve been with them a few weeks and all seems to be well, but isn’t the business model a bit like getting the Singletrack forum to run a bike company for you?

Phoning mobile companies’ customer services is usually a horrible experience anyway though, so it didn’t put me off.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Anyone use GiffGaff?’ is closed to new replies.