• This topic has 16 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by erny.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Anyone use an Osprey Talon 22??
  • muffin_the_mule
    Free Member

Thinking of getting one as my big day out trail pack. Got a mule for general riding but thought this may be a better choice for epics. Any users out there??

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

22 = 22l? Not enough for an epic I’d say!

luke
    Free Member

Cracking pack with the ability to hold a hydration pack, i’ve had mine now for around 2 years and its holding up well to loads of abuse, both on and off the bike.
    may be also look at the 33 as fitting all the kit in for an epic may be a push unless you travel light.

STATO
    Free Member

has anyone got a 44L? looked at a 33L on sunday and although its an ace design and fits like a glove, the orange colour is horrid! so wondering if a not quite stuffed 44L might be an option, seems to allow the load to be carried lower too if i dont fill it completely.

muffin – the 33L i tried was really comfy but the 22L looked to small for trips, prob ok for a big day out tho.

muffin_the_mule
    Free Member

Sorry should have been clearer. Its to carry my MBL kit. So a selection of tools, decent first aid kit, spare clothing, group shelter etc. Not to carry bivvy kit, i’d use a trailer for that. I think the 22 is probably about right. No helmet clearance issues?

singlespeeddan
    Free Member

Sorry for the slight hijack, was about to ask something similar. would it be big enough for bivvying/bothying? Am also thinking of a small rack for a drybag? Any thoughts

twang
    Free Member

I use a 33 for bivvy rides and I can squeeze everything in for a summer night.. just!
    If you get the 22 in large, ie longer, it will have a larger capacity and sit lower on your back, ideal for the bike.

STATO
    Free Member

22 in large

do they do different sizes of the er… different sizes?

twang
    Free Member

They do in the..er.. larger sizes, would imagine its same for the 22?

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Three different back sizes I think- although capacity should be the same. Buy the one that fits the best.

twang
    Free Member

They do two sizes, the larger being the stated size and the small being 2 litres less according to cotswold outdoor.

unsponsored
    Free Member

I have a 11L for day to day riding. Its been plenty big enough over the winter as well. It is THE best fitting pack I have owned. Apart from the 33L litre one I have. I would say from the two I have that the 22L would be a pretty good size for the additional kit you will be carrying. The 33L may be too big. I use the large back size.

freeandsingle
    Free Member

large/small is to do with the back length I think..

Sandwich

There’s a black/blue 33 available as well.

thomthumb
    Free Member

i can fit every thing into a 22l for a bivvy trip but it’s really tight, really tight.

it’s a good and comfortable back, i would have thought it would be spot on for MBL kit. no helmet clearance issues at all.

STATO – they come in other colours

Pickers

I use a 33l, fitted camping gear for a night, room for some spare clothes & cooking stuff.
    If you get the larger size (useful for extra food/water) you don’t have to fill it.
    No helmet issues with mine.

erny
    Free Member

They now do a black/grey one in the 33l,seen tin george fishers in keswick last week

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Anyone use an Osprey Talon 22??’ is closed to new replies.