Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Anyone use a Veho Muvi Atom camera as a helmet camera??
  • rockhopper70

These are the new version of the MD80 and look pretty good. Sample footage on the link below.

Any experiences of these?

rockhopper70

anyone this am?

rockhopper70

looks like a popular choice then…… 🙄

matthewlhome
    Free Member

I got one for my birthday last year. Gives decent pictures but needs to be mounted securely as when it wobbles the picture is not too good. Some footage here…
    Shaky mount..Weekender
    Better fixing straps..Old Harry rock

Got a waterproof case for it for Christmas so some more chances to play with it soon

rockhopper70

how long does the battery last?

matthewlhome
    Free Member

the battery lasts longer than the supplied memory card can store! I have not really run it for more than about 40 mins. THe battery seems to lose charge over time when not used too. always worth a charge before use.

The main plus for this camera is that it is tiny. Can be attached to things like bikes, helmets, babies…

xcstu
    Free Member

I use mine on the helmet and have tried the bike too 🙂

first attempt… too long and not interesting but its a start!

[video]http://vimeo.com/15783490[/video]

rockhopper70

At risk of sounding critical, has the resolution of the video reduced on upload. It doesn’t look much better than my std 20fps muvi.

xcstu
    Free Member

rockhopper70 – yes massively reduced on my footage.. files are quite big when first recoreded

rockhopper70

thought it must be…..might get one for the helmet.

thepodge
    Free Member

I have one of the standard ones and it does ok though i’m slightly underwhelmed by it.

Might be worth getting one of the £13 China / ebay specials as they look and perform almost exactly the same.

Andy-R

I’ve got one of the cheap look-a-like ones and my criticism of it is that I find it almost impossible to tell, with those tiny LED’s, whether it’s on or not (‘cos I have crap close vision) and it’s not really wide angle enough for a headcam , in my opinion.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Anyone use a Veho Muvi Atom camera as a helmet camera??’ is closed to new replies.