Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • anyone use a torque wrench when swapping/changing brake hoses?
  • alpin
    Free Member

selling a set of Zee brakes. one fella getting upset and asking if the hoses were changed using a torque wrench as according to him the nuts are really sensitive.

have changed/swapped hoses maybe a dozen times or more and have worked in a bike shop for six months and never saw one of the five mechanics using anything other than a normal spanner.

bear in mind i’m in Germany where everyone thinks that by chance of their birth they are engineers and anal retards in general….

nickjb
    Free Member

I’ll stick my neck out and say nobody has ever used a torque wrench to chance a brake hose.

sharkattack

one fella getting upset…

Do you know the German for “sling yer hook”?

18BikesMatt
    Free Member

I’ll stick my neck out and say nobody has ever used a torque wrench to chance a brake hose.

Sorry to prove you wrong but I have. Always do with Magura’s with resin bodies or the newer carbotech bodies, don’t bother on Shimano/Hope/Anyone else, not even sure if Shimano etc have a suggested torque

alpin
    Free Member

Do you know the German for “sling yer hook”?

“geh weiter!”

or my preferred in Bavarian… “schlei di!” 🙂

not even sure if Shimano etc have a suggested torque

that is kind what i was thinking…..

alpin
    Free Member

have just had a look… 5-7Nm according to Shimano when installing the hose on their road bikes….

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘anyone use a torque wrench when swapping/changing brake hoses?’ is closed to new replies.