Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Anyone use a spinning bike??
  • allmountain76
    Free Member

I was thinking of a road bike for turbo training in the garage over winter (when its too cold and wet for the lights). I noticed spinning bikes seem cheap second hand as most people dont bother using them after they buy them! Does anyone use one for winter training? Are they any good in preferance to a turbo trainer? I would rarely use a road bike other than on the turbo so its seems a better investment spending £150 on a used spinning bike.

Plus, anyting i should be looking out for on a spinning bike?

Marge
    Free Member

I’ve recently (8 weeks ago)got a Kettler speed pro & it’s great.
    Silent, exceedingly rigid & the ability to offer a brutal workout as easily as a relaxed stretch of the legs.

I had (have) a Tacx Suntori in the garage with my road bike on but it’s been barely used. Last winter I actually preferred to go out in the dark & wet (with help from my Troutlight) rather than train in the dry.

Now with the spinning bike I definitely choose to use this. To be fair one of the big differences is that the spinner is in the house instead of the garage. This is down to the size, perceived cleanliness & comparative silent running.

My lady also uses the spinning bike (to coincide with watching Eastenders 🙂 ) so it’s very easy to change seating position.

allmountain76
    Free Member

i think its a Spinning bike then as like you i would rather be on the lights than turboing if its not too wet / cold / snowy!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Anyone use a spinning bike??’ is closed to new replies.