Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Anyone use a Palm Pre?
  • MRanger156
    Free Member

Thinking of one of these or an iPhone?

CountZero

Read a lot about the Pre on various forums, so had a look at one in my local O2 shop. Nice shape, the touchscreen seems to be reasonably responsive, the apps don't seem to be as intuitive as the iPhone, but the biggest issue is the keyboard, which is one that slides out from the bottom of the phone. It's a qwerty layout, but the keys are quite tiny, and recessed into the base, plus, and this is my biggest problem, with the iPhone when you turn the phone on its side for landscape mode, which is how I'm using mine at the moment, the keypad rotates and the keys expand sideways to fit, making them bigger and easier to use. Obviously, the Pre is fixed into portrait mode, so you are stuck with the physical constraint of the phone. Also, there are about a tenth of the apps available for the Pre compared to the iPhone. I'm sure some people will like the Pre, but it seems that there's been a low takeup in the States, and I honestly wouldn't choose a Pre over the iPhone, having had mine for a year. What I would really suggest is, if you can hang on until next June, that's when the 4G iPhone comes out. About the only things I'm sure about, based on the last three models, is that it will be faster, possibly with a multicore processor, it will have more RAM, and capacity will double up to 64Gb from 32, making it a real iPod. Mine gets used every day as a computer, for emails, as an iPod, as a digital radio, listening to 6Music, Canadian radio, LA's KROQ, none of which is possible with a dumb FM radio, the camera isn't half as bad as some will have you believe, and there are loads of apps to tweak them, and it makes a pretty good ebook reader with Stanza.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Anyone use a Palm Pre?’ is closed to new replies.