Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Anyone use a heavy bag (punch bag) at home?
  • transapp
    Free Member

I’m about to move house so will finally have room in my man cave for one. Does anyone have any recommend toons for a decent one ? The longer the better as I’ll be doing kick workouts as well and will be working in knee level as well as head.

Joe

Yeh…make sure the wall is strong enough. Part from that…fill your boots. I smash mine for 10-15 minutes a night.

transapp
    Free Member

recommend toons = recommendations, Damn this predictive text!

racefaceec90

may i recommend sticking this picture to your new punch bag (once you get it) 😉

you’ll hit it a lot harder then 😆

mooman
    Free Member

hang it off one of the beams. Wall brackets still hang bag to close to wall to walk around bag.
    A torn rotator cuff has kept me off mine the last 6mths or so. A floor2ceiling bag is a great addition to … once you get your timing right of course ..

PMK2060

I use the wife as a punch bag as a post Stella workout

bikebob

I could poss sell you a really good one in excellent condition. I say poss as it’s my daughters but she hardly uses it. It’s hanging in my cave in the way.
    For info I hung it on four short chains across two ceiling beams. It’s well sturdy.
    If your interested let me know as I’d like my space back. Suppose it also depends where you are.

transapp
    Free Member

I’d certainly be interested. I live in Bath , but willing to travel a bit for the right price / bag.

zilog6128

For kicking you want a 6′ bag. I bought a Fairtex banana bag which is great, had it recommended to me as a top quality bag. Very heavy. Expensive though. The company I bought it off also does a “copy” version which is a fair bit cheaper and supposed to be almost as nice. There are loads of dirt cheap ones on eBay, generally they are not heavy though which will be annoying if you mainly use it for kicking.

bikebob

Hi, it’s a 4ft Everlast. Quite heavy, great condition. Complete with hanging chains, etc. I think she’s looking for about 50. Let me know if interested, email in profile.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Anyone use a heavy bag (punch bag) at home?’ is closed to new replies.