Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Anyone tried resoling 5 10s?
  • tiredjohn

Using these?

linky

Uppers on current pair are fine but soles getting shredded around contact points with the pedals. Works out at about £30 with shipping, fair bit cheaper than a new pair.

riklegge

That stealth kit looks to be for the rock shoes so will be “slick” (ie no tread pattern) if that matters to you. Also likely to be a softer compound so might wear faster. Personally I’d go with LSR as suggested above.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Yeah that kit doesn’t look like it would do the job for an Impact or Freerider.

I’ve usually just binned them and bought some more. Price of getting them resoled properly is not far off price of a new pair (discounted, which they usually are). Especially when factoring in cost of shipping to them.

tiredjohn

thanks for replies. It’s a bu**er they don’t seem to sell a do it yourself kit for the dotty rubber. Will keep the repairs place in mind as current pair deteriorate to unusability but will also keep eyes open for any decent offers

jwt
    Free Member

I got some Vans resoled by these guys years ago in stealth rubber, they did a good job and were cost effective.

P-Jay
    Free Member

I might consider it when my freeriders wear out, in the past when I’ve had Impacts or Sam Hills they’ve torn rather than worn and they’re usually wrecked the foam base in seconds, but it’s £60 once you’ve shipped them and they’re usually discounted to £75 new, does seem worth it unless the rest of the shoe is still in very good nick.

Tracey

I had my Five Tens resoled free at the EWS in Finale last year. Although they grind most of the sole away to fit the new one the shoe feels alot heavier.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Anyone tried resoling 5 10s?’ is closed to new replies.