Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Anyone tried or using Clark's Skeletal Disc Brakes?
  • steelfan
    Free Member

Seem pretty good value and I was wondering what people think of them?

rocmagnet
    Free Member

just fitted a set, look fantastic, only used them up and down my road and they seem very good, taking them out tomorrow to bed them properly!!!

toys19
    Free Member

got front on my wifes bike, pokey.

steelfan
    Free Member

I’d be interested in what you think rocmagnet

rocmagnet
    Free Member

Fantastic value. Great control. Very adjustable, reach as well bite point.
    Way better than juicy 3’s and stroker trails, not quite as good as my elixers. I got the 185’s of CRC. Look very good. They also have the limited edition red and white, same price but 160 rotors. No photo on CRC but you can see them on Clarks website. Very good looking if thats your thing.
    All in all a recommended £90 upgrade.

Sqwubbsy
    Free Member

Sorry for the thread revival, found this while googling reviews on the Clarks Skeletal brakes.

Does anyone have an update on how these brakes are coping 5 months on? My 12 year old hopes have finally given up the ghost and I’m skint so new Hopes are out of the question.

Cheers.

Keith.

scary_carey
    Free Member

Great brake for the dollar.
    My folks bought me a set for xmas I only used them twice in anger as I had some Formula’s on the way.
    The only down side I found was the mounting bolts are made of a cream cheese. I’d advise swapping these sooner rather than later. I also put some braided hoses on and these improved the already impressive power.
    The Levers are a tad on the long side for me but thats a personal thing.
    I also found Clarks themselves very helpful when i needed advise on chaging the hoses.

sambob
    Free Member

Mine were truly awful. Front was okay, rear leaked from new. Bolts are made of philadelphia cheese, don’t even deserve cheddar status. My tektro auriga comps are massively superior in every way IMO.

partyboy1101
    Free Member

I’ve been runing a set for about 4 months now and am hugely impressed at the quality for their price. Very progressive now that they’re bedded in…which took a few rides. Power is very good, brings my 15 stone to a halt with one finger, even on the steep stuff around Halifax. Levers are a bit on the long side but I suppose that helps the power.

Sqwubbsy
    Free Member

Thanks for the feedback. Most reviews seem to be very mixed, I just wonder if quality control is a bit iffy.

Bolts are an easy thing to swap out and they would be going on a singlespeed so the levers can be moved well inboard if the levers feel long.

May well give them a punt.

Cheers.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Anyone tried or using Clark's Skeletal Disc Brakes?’ is closed to new replies.