Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Anyone tried north face slippers?
  • spudly1979
    Free Member

Saw these while out the other day. I like the look of them although the price seems a bit steep! I want slippers that are secure on the heels as my current ones are a pair of (warm) death traps!

http://www.cotswoldoutdoor.com/the-north-face-mens-nuptse-tent-mule-iii-se-37310017?id_colour=123

sambob
    Free Member

Ikea do a similar thing, I’d imagine they’re probably less than a quarter of the price though.

scousebri
    Free Member

I bought a pair of those early last year. They are puffa jackets for the feet.As with most North Face clothing they are well made and the price reflects that.

gearsrgood

Have a pair of traction mules ( same but with rubber sole)
    Warm , comfy but a bit pricy if not in the sales . Current
    Pair 12 months old , wearing well .

killwillforchips
    Free Member

I’ve got some monster face slippers.

Look ALOT less gay than these £45 jobbies.

finners

I have a couple pairs and find them very warm. Sometimes too warm. If I recall Blacks ad these at half price.

killwillforchips
    Free Member

Scousebri; where does a cheap pair of BRANDED slippers warrant £45?

are you a slave to marketing snobbery?
    😉

scousebri
    Free Member

I am a slave to outdoor clothing brands 😀 I have more jackets than millets.

bigG
    Free Member

I bought a pair, they were so good my wife nicked them. I now don’t have slippers and she has cosy feet . Apparently they are great. I’m too scared to ask for a shot, be aware that your wife might steal yours too.

dair86
    Free Member

i have had a pair for 2 years now, awesome slippers, never get cold feet.
    highly recommend them…

killwillforchips
    Free Member

Nice one Scousebri. Jackets are my weakness too!!
    😀

singlespeedstu

Teh awsum.

And available for a lot less than £45.

fullauto
    Free Member

For God’s sake man! You’ll get frostbite wandering around the house in those – clearly these are the only sensible option:

http://rab.uk.com/products/expedition-gear/expedition-modular-boots.html

spudly1979
    Free Member

Stu, where have you seen them for less? There’s some on amazon but they only seem to have the glossy finish ones, which are ok, but I prefer these!

vorlich
    Free Member

Generally I don’t suffer from pongy feet, but synthetic slippers alway end up smelly. Had a pair of these and were fine, until the second time in the washing machine (on delicate) the rand ripped and the down fell out. Binned.

Now wearing £55 Just Sheepskin numbers that are as toasty as the TNFs and smell free. Expensive, but will hopefully end my endless cycle of buying/binning slippers. You know you’re getting old when you demand new slippers for Xmas. :mrgreen:

Edit: I see the mules now have wool uppers.

grievoustim
    Free Member

They are lovely- think I paid about £30 for mine though.

glen815
    Free Member

UGG slippers are the way ahead guys, trust me.

nuke

For God’s sake man! You’ll get frostbite wandering around the house in those – clearly these are the only sensible option:

Oooo they do a onesie too…
    http://rab.uk.com/products/expedition-gear/p-expedition-suit-p.html
    <Orders one and turns off heating>

P20

Yes. Very comfortable and very warm.

tommid
    Free Member

I have two pairs of the Northface. They are ace, really warm, but do start to smell after a bit (but I have put them through the washing machine a few times and they are fine).Get the hard soled ones if you can rather than the soft ones.

nealglover
    Free Member

Ikea do a similar thing, I’d imagine they’re probably less than a quarter of the price though.

And there is a very good reason for that.

bigshep
    Free Member

Evening,
    I bought myself a pair of the camo ones a couple of weeks ago for £18 including free delivery from Office.
    Best slippers I’ve ever had and at that price I should have bought more, still some available at that price though just not camo.

nealglover
    Free Member

I wouldn’t buy the Camo ones.

I hate it when I can’t find my slippers.

SimonR

Love mine …. particularly in camo!

singlespeedstu

I wouldn’t buy the Camo ones.

I’m wearing camo ones right now.

Can’t see my feet.

Coyote
    Free Member

£45 for slippers!!!

Do your have bare earth for floors in your house?

Next, £14. Toasty as you like.

nealglover
    Free Member

Can’t see my feet.

Fatty! 😉

firestarter
    Free Member

I had until recently a pair of boot type ones picked up in the market while serving in Norway in the army , the sole finally gave up just before Christmas :'( had them 17 years and cost me about a fiver. Proper slippers I’m half tempted to fly over to oslo to buy some more 😉

spudly1979
    Free Member

Hmmm, they have the traction ones with the harder sole on outdoor gear . com. Anyone any experience of them?

edhornby

I’ve got a pair on now, they were a present as a replacement for the first pair that lasted 2 years and I’m bad for wearing out shoes

the soles will get trashed if you start wandering around outside in them, they are definitely indoor only – if I’d have known about the traction ones and had the option I’d have had those for my second pair. it was the soles that died on the first ones….

they are so toasty warm you can’t really wear them in the summer

singlespeedstu

Fatty!

😥
    No need to get personal. 😉

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Anyone tried north face slippers?’ is closed to new replies.