Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Anyone tried Fulcrum red metal 10 wheels? Better than crossrides?
  • seth-enslow666
    Free Member

Just looking for a pre built set of wheels. Mavic crosstrail come up well but have also seen the Fulcrum red metal 10 wheels Are they anygood? Do they use cup and ball bearings like Shimano or cartridge?

bigbloke
    Free Member

I have a set of Fulcrum Red Metal 5, been faultless so far.

A mate has a set of Red Metal 3’s , i think he did some maintenance on them an if i remember right (could be wrong) the bearings are cartridge type.

warpcow
    Free Member

I also have RM5s. If you hunt around a bit on the net (or on here even) you can find them for less than crossrides. RM10s were designed entirely as OEM stuff for cheaper bikes. They’re probably ok, but the reason I chose the RM5 was because they share some of the same parts with the higher up models. I’ve rideen mine about 2000km this year and they’re still going. True and round after some pretty heavy-handed treatment.

The bearings in mine are cartridge.

anotherstan
    Free Member

i have a set of red metal 5 wheels …f*cking shite! nothing but trouble with the (cartridge) bearings.
    just my opinion tho 😐

edit- as above, rims are good n strong.

tinribz
    Free Member

I also have RM5s. Good balance of weight and strenth, and price.

I used to like how they were totally silent but recently (a year later) the free wheel has started to click, and it’s really loud! Anyone fixed that?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Anyone tried Fulcrum red metal 10 wheels? Better than crossrides?’ is closed to new replies.