Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Anyone tried fitting a helmet light to a full face helmet?
  • fuzzhead
    Free Member

I’m thinking of trying to fit my Joystick to my D2 – looks tricky/impossible – anyone done anything similar?

Ta

rocketman
    Free Member

Hard hat mount

Just make sure you stick in in the right place!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Peak would give adjustability, although I prefer getting it as far back as possible as it feels more ballanced that way on my XC lid.

Nightime DH, I know it’s been done but seems all kinds of nuts!

100mphplus
    Free Member

Grooved out pencil rubber and gaffer tape has worked for me in the past!

fuzzhead
    Free Member

Thanks guys, that’s given me some food for thought 🙂

Rocketman, that looks just the job, nice one!

Cheers

matthewlhome
    Free Member

exposure make a mount on a sucker for the joystick. might work?

cloudnine
    Free Member

Surely you can get some kind of stick on mount like the curved gopro 3M one..

fuzzhead
    Free Member

thanks matthewlhome, good idea too. Just found it on Exposure’s website – looks a bit like a screen mount for a satnav?

Northwind

Being ingenious and awesome, I built myself a mount using a gopro “foot” modified to take a short section of handlebar, which I can then attach my lights to- whole thing quick releases on and off, lovely. All it took was a couple of quid, an old bar, and some araldite. Though I added bar ends to make it look super pro and in case of commisaire problems – “Your head-handle-bars don’t have bar ends!”

Other common approach is blutac and tape- blutac to craft the mount, tape/elastic bands to hold it. I’d have trouble trusting that personally.

Mate of mine is drilling holes in the visor to attach his to with cableties. I’d expect that to flap around though.

thisisnotaspoon – Member

seems all kinds of nuts!

Said like it’s a bad thing!

fuzzhead
    Free Member

Northwind – it does sound ingenious and awesome!

I’ve tried the “holes + zipties” method and it is flappy – the hardhat mount rocketman posted looks a good solution 🙂

Northwind

Hang on… Just in case it’s of any use. If you’ve got a bar mount that wraps right around the handlebar, you could extend the bar section slightly to mount on either side of the bracket. With a little tweaking it’d work with my Joystick mounts, but this one wasn’t built with that in mind so it doesn’t quite work.

IMG_1309 by Northwindlowlander, on Flickr

IMG_1306 by Northwindlowlander, on Flickr

IMG_1307 by Northwindlowlander, on Flickr

Obviously not just for fullfaces- I use it on my xc lid as well. Guess I could chestmount it! The sticky mount was already there for filming but it could go elsewhere

fuzzhead
    Free Member

That looks very cool – thanks for posting the pics. Is the foot of the mount stuck to your helmet?

Northwind

There’s a flat plate stuck to the helmet, which the mount clips into. One of these:

fuzzhead
    Free Member

Northwind – thanks very much for that, I’m tempted to knock up something similar

Cheers 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Anyone tried fitting a helmet light to a full face helmet?’ is closed to new replies.