Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Anyone, swopped bearings in a HTII BB ???
  • jeb

Hello , i need some advice…

I have a shimano HT BB, tools i have, screwdriver, hammmer, vice, will it work!?

Do i just knock the old bearing out, and press in the new one..?

Thanxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

GW
    Free Member

what’s the point when a set of Tiagra HTII cups costs £3ish from rosebikes

jeb

To get some better ones !

Oh, and do point me out, where to get some good ones too 😉

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I think the shimano bearings are a non standard size. Its easy to remove the bearings – drop the cups in boiling water and they ten will come out easily with a few taps

GW
    Free Member

how good do you reckon tiny steel balls in cups with a slither of grease and a couple of rubber seals can get?

julianwilson
    Free Member

GW – Member

what’s the point when a set of Tiagra HTII cups costs £3ish from rosebikes

Getting mtb cranks to fit in a roadie BB cups is huge faff too. I would spend a bit more to have ones that fitted proper. What ever happened to the guy on the old forum who had the enormous rage/flounce about his ‘bargain’ acros ceramic roadie-fit BB?

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

About £6 for deore and £13 for XT and £16 for xtr from rosebikes.

Superstar cups take standard bearings.

Not a fan of the enduroforkseals design without the tophats. Seized bearing=scored axle=new cranks

Onzadog
    Free Member

How come people worry about the seized bearing/scored axle thing on a bottom bracket but not when exactly the same system is turned on it’s side and asked to move less for the forks?

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

Steerer touches the crown race and the collet, not the bearings. And headtubes dont fill with water as much as BB shells.

GW
    Free Member

Getting mtb cranks to fit in a roadie BB cups is huge faff too.

if you’d find simply re-using your mtb BB spacers and plastic sleeve to be huge and faffy I’d expect you to get your LBS to fit the cups for you anyway. the actual cups are exactly the same 😛

GW
    Free Member

maybe onzadog is thinking of sunline’s retarded attempt at a headset from a few years back 😉

julianwilson
    Free Member

Thanks for the tip GW, every day’s a school day.
    AFAIK Uncle shimano always advised us never to ‘cross the streams’ so to speak. 😉 But then they would I suppose!

I certainly won’t be bothering with enduro bearing replacements any more (incidentally, mine have been ace and very well sealed) whilst whole shimano units are so cheap.

cooie

Surely you have to add on p&p to Rose Bikes price. I did what Jeb wants to do, today. Two bits of wood screwed to bench with bits cut out to support the cup, then wack out old bearing. Pushed new bearing in with vice. Worked really well. Got bearings from RS Components. HTH.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Yes done it a few times.

done with these

And also some cheap ones off ebay

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

what’s the point

ERR because you can. 🙄

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Anyone, swopped bearings in a HTII BB ???’ is closed to new replies.