Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Anyone suggest some Devon routes?
  • Badger
    Free Member

Down in Devon for a week for a university friend get together.

One of the others has just bought an MTB (he’s a roadie otherwise) and wants to spend a day doing a ride.

We’re not far from ipplepen (near Torquay) but have cars and are willing to travel.

Anyone suggest any routes we could do?

Many Thanks
    Badger

foxyrider
    Free Member

Got a GPS – MBR Dartmoor killer loop 🙂 Great loop mod technical and lots of climbing but great scenery 🙂

http://www.embc.uk.net/riding_dartmoor.php

carlphillips
    Free Member

try issue 49 off of here, has some of the best loops in east dartmoor not far from you.

qwerty
    Free Member

Dartmoor

foxyrider
    Free Member

BTW I live in East Devon 😉

trailmonkey

there are lots of bw’s rupps, boats and other tracks and trails around ipplepen ( i’m in the next village over )and they’re good fun and easy to string together with an OS – however – you’re only 20 mins in the car from the best that dartmoor has to offer. as mentioned, the stuff in issue 49 of the mag is the cream of the legal stuff on the eastern moor.

if you’re around at the weekend, there’s bound to be a ride going on in that sector.

carlphillips
    Free Member

i may be going tomorrow, starting at reddaford water nr bovey around 10am.
    depends on how much like sh1te i feel when i wake up tomo, currently got a stonking headache and sore throat….

Letrip
    Free Member

Lots and lots of routes around Haldon between Exeter and Newton Abbott. If you fancy a night ride, a group of us head out Wednesday nights from the Ley Arms Pub car park (EX6 7UW ) at 6.30pm but need lights now.Anyone welcome to tag along, its a friendly bunch.

Badger
    Free Member

Got issue 49 now by signing up for the premium membership print and digital for myself (Have issue 49 at home and had forgotten it had the Dartmoor routes in it!)

Many Thanks for the suggestions and the reminder about issue 49.

I’ll have a look and run the options past my friend.

Also had Haldon forest suggested to me as there is a ride center there – although I’m told that all but the one route are all family orientated style tracks and not really the sort of mtb we’d be after.

Fatmuthahubbard: Not sure what we are all doing tommorrow (its like herding cats trying to get all 14 of us to decide what we are doing) so drop me an email if you are still going and I’ll try to get a pass out!

Many Thanks again,

Badger

carlphillips
    Free Member

mailed you (got bounced back!)
    haldon cheeky is pretty good but its best with a guide to get the most out of it, the wed nite lads would no doubt be doing that stuff.

Badger
    Free Member

fatmuthahubbard

Sorry, old email in profile.

I’ve updated it now.

Badger

Badger
    Free Member

Think we might do one of the Dartmoor rides from issue 49 on Tuesday or thursday this week.

trailmonkey

i’d recommend the ones that don’t go up past hound tor onto hameldown, it’s a bit boggy atm. stay on the steeper stuff around lustleigh cleave as it drains better.

foxyrider
    Free Member

The cleave yesterday was spot on !!

carlphillips
    Free Member

due to my man flu instead of the cleave I took a leisurely pootle from plympton up the cycle path to roborough downs, then on to a bit of singletrack up to yelverton, then on up to the leat below leather tor, down to norsworthy bridge (cheeky but ace) then up the widowmaker then turn left to the plume (pint of jail ale mmmmm).
    Back down yellow brick road to scout hut descent (aylesbarrow) then on to ringmore down through to cadover bridge…a bit more cheeky to dewerstone tor then back through the old scout lodge to the cycle path and home…about 4hrs in total inc pint, an ace day indeed.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Anyone suggest some Devon routes?’ is closed to new replies.