• This topic has 111 replies, 80 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by bdb.
Viewing 32 posts - 81 through 112 (of 112 total)
  • anyone still riding rigid i would just love to see your pics old skool rules ok!
  • allyharp

Here's mine:

_tom_
    Free Member

How do you guys all find rigid for bumpy stuff – loads of arm pump? Asking because I always feel like I always have to tread on eggshells (for lack of a better term) with suspension as it always seems to go wrong for me! ie compression adjust on my Pikes is always leaking oil, feels like they need a (very expensive) TF tuning service soon as I don't want to damage anything with something so expensive.

Would love to run fully rigid but I just don't know if I could deal with it on the downhilly stuff I sometimes do!

MrKmkII
    Free Member

marty
    Free Member

luked2
    Free Member

North West of Tarbert, Harris.

druidh
    Free Member

Cairngorm summit

willej

Rigid: check!
    Old school: check! ('95 Diamondback Apex)

On my ride home from work this evening. Ended up going the long way home (2 hours instead of 3/4 of an hour) because I was enjoying it :o)

How do you guys all find rigid for bumpy stuff – loads of arm pump?

I don't suffer arm pump but my neck and shoulders do start to ache after about an hour. I'm always amazed how fast you can go on rigid, you just need to change your riding style and pay a lot more attention to the trail!

crewlie

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

It has taken a while to adapt from full squish certainly. Am getting the hang of it now, speed is increasing 🙂 riding is more of a challenge and gets the adrenaline pumping.

Lifer
    Free Member

Finally got mine muddy yesterday, so much fun. Well impressed with the wormdrive as well, had one slip on a steep climb but handled everything from loose and dusty to clayey mud, and easy on the road too!

speaker2animals

My turn – couple months ago now.

For my riding it's rarely a problem. I found my FS much too soft and didn't feel like I could feel the trail. Probably just down to how rarely I rode it. Mostly sold now but would like a geared rigid or HT when I'm working and got some cash to spare again.

thwang-01
    Free Member

i still ride this off road but at 42 its starting to hurt a little

used to ride this off road all the time till some old dear knocked me off and killed the bike

westkipper
    Free Member

Hmmmmm!, the title of this thread referred to 'old skool' and yet I dont remember, BMX aside, old skool riding involving singlespeeds, ever!- they seem to be a recent affliction/perversion 😉

juiced
    Free Member

loving that blue gt.

m0nster2
    Free Member

Finished build at Chritmas but only ridden offroad for the first time last week.
    (Thanks to crank-thread problems!)

I've a full suss and a HT too and this recent addition is so far serving its purpose perfectly: A local-pootle bike with my lad and for tamer trail centres (Cannock, Sherwood).
    Forgotten how nimble a bike could be.

Incidentally, the fork choice was largely financial and is likely to change to FS at some point but so far loving the return to picking lines that started me out on GT Timberlines back in about 1992.

sc-xc

Mountain bike that belongs to me:

Mountain bike that belongs to the Fresh Prince of Bel Air, but he's lent it to me for commuting:

Keef
    Free Member

''west kipper – Member
    Hmmmmm!, the title of this thread referred to 'old skool' and yet I dont remember, BMX aside, old skool riding involving singlespeeds, ever!- they seem to be a recent affliction/perversion''

s'funny you should say that,but we were talkin about'the old days' the other ride,and I was definatly riding a rigid SS 30-35 years ago,and so were all my mates at the time,and so were a couple of the lads on the ride,so ner…..
    (I'd put pix up,but camera's wern't invented then :lol:)

cozz
    Free Member

and here in Sherwood forest last week

Hip
    Free Member

manwells
    Free Member

bloody hell cozz how wide are those tyres and why do you need them that wide? also like to thank everyone who has posted on my thread,lots of lovely classic konas i see! is it just me or are the older bikes better looking than these new ones with all the swanky stickers and tube profiles, i think a lot of them look very tacky to say the least!

manwells
    Free Member

nice bike barry lovely colour,i need sunglasses to look at the pink one! where have you been i thought you had emigrated lol!

miketually
    Free Member

Most recent pic of mine:

westkipper
    Free Member

Xckeith1, you're absolutely right,
    We were also riding salvaged, frankenstein-monster bikes (we called them scramblers) in the Pentlands before proper mountainbikes got invented, usually with only one gear. Not by choice though.
    (my post was, I admit, a lighthearted attempt at trollitude)

jimmy

knows it

Keef
    Free Member

wk-touche ! (I still only ride rigid SS,and really enjoy it !) each to their own tho,as long as you're smilin,you're doin something right .
    nice to see so many steel ht's on this thread.

cozz
    Free Member

tyres are surly endomorph – 3.7 inch wide, run at 8 psi

mainly for snow / sand riding, although I'm using this as my main "do everything" bike – and I like different stuff so thats me

frame will also take a set of 29er wheels to make it a bit quicker on the road – but its not as slow as you may think – although I am!

rocky-mountain
    Free Member
    mrkbutty

Just bought it this week, out on a proper leg burnin ride tonight

fingerbike
    Free Member

Couple of pics my mate took on Yogurt Pots last week, me and my old Kona…

Thats me riding it bottom left pic (Sean McGowans pic) on the 7 days thing on STW front page.. 🙂

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

I love riding rigid! I was busting out 90's jey air all weekend at SSEC 🙂 (yep, a phat 3 inches is all I got):

Waderider
    Free Member

My Lovely Clockwork at home

bdb
    Free Member

Viewing 32 posts - 81 through 112 (of 112 total)

The topic ‘anyone still riding rigid i would just love to see your pics old skool rules ok!’ is closed to new replies.