Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Anyone sort of miss crisp ice cold winter riding in summer?
  • jhw
    Free Member

Have I lost it?

scaredypants

Yes ! (you’ve lost it)

summer is 100% ace (in god’s favoured south, where the dust lives)

z1ppy

Not in the slightest, it only happens occasionally in winter, otherwise it’s boggy, crap & cold.

Gary_M
    Free Member

I do sometimes miss riding to/from work in pitch darkness, summer riding is fantastic though.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Nope. Give me summer any time!

wwaswas

Having spent 2 hours riding lovely wooded single track in sunshine wearing a short sleeved jersey this morning the answer is I don’t miss it.

If the singletrack was always dry and the air warm I might find it tedious after a year or two though so change is good.

1freezingpenguin
    Free Member

Did some long rides on those crisp sunny days when it was just above those freezing temps. But I don’t miss the black ice though.

wallace1492
    Free Member

Well up here in Glasgow those colder days have barely departed.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Yeh nice today though, but colder/windier weather back next week.

ton

i do, winter is my fave time of year for riding.

i am gonna change my forum name to ‘ICE BEAR’……………. 😉

I_did_dab
    Free Member

no, I like all four seasons best. Hankering for winter in summer and summer in winter is no way to stay happy.

Lemurian
    Free Member

Nope! Dry, dusty trails anyday 😀

Gary_M
    Free Member

I wouldnt describe missing an aspect of a season as hankering after it.

bigyinn
    Free Member

A cool autumnal morning ride is pretty hard to beat.

oldgit
    Free Member

Nope I love the seasons as they arrive. Though it can be a bit frustrating when the seasons can’t sort themselves out.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Not long now until the days start getting shorter 😀

KT1973
    Free Member

No!!

_tom_
    Free Member

No, dry dusty trails ftw 🙂 I quite like frozen solid ground though, very fast. I just hate the thawing muddy wet sloppy stage.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Nope. T-shirt (non-cotton) and shorts, dusty corners, grippy rocks and roots, silly speeds, not washing the bike, beer in the beer garden = nothing to dislike. I’ll take the seasons as they come.

billysugger
    Free Member

Can see what you’re saying, more oxygen in the lungs, less flies

Zoolander
    Free Member

Summer rocks!
    Fast, dry, dusty, wax lube, no washing the bike, one layer of clothes, fast rolling tyres, evenings with no lights, less crap in the rucksack, extra protein from the occasional fly, and sunshine – glorious sunshine. Hell even the walkers seem happier!

big_scot_nanny

Winter can be fun, but mostly it’s a bit of a trudge, only serves to make me really, really love summer!

jonnyv
    Free Member

Lost it mefinx.summer riding bloomin’ marvelous .+ 1 zoolander comments x 1 squillion.

uponthedowns
    Free Member

Have I lost it?

‘Fraid so. I’d settle for the current weather all year round. Southern California anyone?

I suppose, like big scot says, winter serves to make us appreciate summer more.

porcaro
    Free Member

The colder and wetter the better, keeps all the idiots indoors!

sambob
    Free Member

I can see where you’re coming from, but i’d happily have dry and dusty all the time. Bikes stay clean and work better for much longer.

nuke

Aside the fly swallowing and the self-harming look on your arms from the increased vegetation, dry dusty trails anyday!

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

nope, summer is best

Northwind

I miss the good days in winter- the daft snow rides, the frozen (but not icy) ground… Also miss setting out in the afternoon, riding through sunset and coming home in the dark for my tea. But summer is just plain better.

_tom_
    Free Member

Just had my first summer evening ride tonight, was awesome. Was riding alongside a rabbit down the road for a while, he didn’t seem bothered by me on a bike 😆

Junkyard
    Free Member

miss night rides but basically no

RepackRider
    Free Member

2retro4u
    Marin County, Cali

I’m in California where it is raining and cold. We just set a new record for rain on this date in my area.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Summer does my nut in….too hot,too sweaty,flies everywhere,too busy,always thirsty,greasy suntan lotion.
    Bring on the autumn!

fourbanger
    Free Member

We had 42 degrees in the shade today and 56% humidity. Yes. Yes I do. A lot.

crazy-legs

You know what I like? Spring. The last couple of years we’ve had a really good April; warm, good weather, dry trails and little lambs/ducklings etc. Then it’s been followed by a rubbish May/early June like now where it’s grey and windy.

I was camping in Scotland in late April, it was warm and sunny every day but no midges, nice and quiet out on the trails, what’s not to like? Same down here in the Peaks, never seen it so dry but now “summer” is here, it’s raining again. 🙁

ltheisinger
    Free Member

Repack Rider – Member

2retro4u
    Marin County, Cali

I’m in California where it is raining and cold. We just set a new record for rain on this date in my area.

It had better buck its ideas up by Sept – that’s all I can say!

And to the OP – you have lost it! Nothing better than dry & having sun shine!

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Anyone sort of miss crisp ice cold winter riding in summer?’ is closed to new replies.