Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Anyone sold a CD collection recently?
  • bravohotel8er
    Free Member

I want to get rid of my CD collection, not entirely sure how to go about it or secure the best price…

I have approximately 700 albums, all in good nick.

UK Indie (The Wedding Present, The Smiths, The Cure, Joy Division, Ned’s Atomic Dustbin, PWEI, Mega City 4, Suede, Radiohead, etc)

US Indie (Fugazi, Pavement, Sonic Youth, Sebadoh, Dinosaur Jr, Yo La Tengo, Afghan Whigs, etc)

Punk/Harcore: (Minor Threat, Black Flag, Government Issue, Bad Brains, Gorilla Biscuits, Youth of Today, At the Drive-In, Refused, Hot Water Music, etc)

Electronic/Hip Hop (Dr.Octagon, The Orb, Aphex Twin, Peanut Butter Wolf, Company Flow, Cypress Hill, Jurassic 5, Cold Cut, RJD2, etc)

Has anyone offloaded their CDs recently, did you sell them as a job lot or go down the eBay route…not sure if I can be bothered with the admin!

br
    Free Member

look on ebay, if folk bid on other collections then there may be some cash – if just buy now…

bravohotel8er
    Free Member

Checking some out now…seems to be a divergence of value expectations!

nealglover
    Free Member

It depends what you think it’s worth really.

I used Music Magpie, but I wasn’t sentimental about them. I just wanted rid of them as they hadn’t even been looked at since they were converted to mp3.

CountZero

I have a few hundred, but they’re my back-up, should a HDD disaster strike.

bravohotel8er
    Free Member

I’m not too sentimental about them…even the signed PWEI album (wow!)…I dread the HDD strike though.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Email in profile if you have a list, I’d likely take some off your hands 🙂

Despite needing to sell the 1500 I’ve got in the loft 🙁

bravohotel8er
    Free Member

Rich, I’ll email you when I finally manage to get a comprehensive list together!

On a mildly related note, Tom Ravenscroft played Ned’s Atomic Dustbin for me about an hour ago on 6Music…I was chosen on the Charity Shop Drop feature after I found God Fodder for £3 in Bournemouth yesterday.

Sqwubbsy
    Free Member

I was listening to 6music when that came on, cool.

Have you thought about backing up your music to Google Play Music? It’s free and you can stream them on your PC or phone if you’ve got android. Just done my 450 plus CDs. Well impressed.

superlightweight
    Free Member

I would be interested in some too if you end up putting a list together!

Stoner
    Free Member

cleared out our stash with magpie.
    painless, which frankly was the most important thing.
    http://www.musicmagpie.co.uk/index.asp

bravohotel8er
    Free Member

Google Play Music sounds great! Glad you enjoyed Ned’s!

Music Magpie may well be the answer for any that I can’t flog by other means.

Northwind

Cheers for the Musicmagpie link, guess I will be dumping a lot of cds!

Northwind
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Anyone sold a CD collection recently?’ is closed to new replies.