Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Anyone shipped a bike recently?
  • stevomcd
    Free Member

Trying to get a bike shipped out to France. Can’t get a quote for less than £200. Was £50 last time!

Any suggestions?

Or, if anyone fancies picking up a bike for me from Yorkshire’s finest purveyors of citrus-fruit related, non office-furniture inspired bicycles and driving it out here in exchange for some kind of holiday deal, we could talk…

velomanic
    Free Member

I can recommend these guys to try for a shipping quote.

nealglover
    Free Member

Stevomcd, when do want it delivering, and where to ?

Might be able to help.

Email is nealglover@gmail.com

stevomcd
    Free Member

Hi Neal,

Ideally before 9th June and coming to Sainte Foy (near Les Arcs / Bourg Saint Maurice).

Stevo

nealglover
    Free Member

In coming over but won’t be there till 11th.

And heading for Meribel rather than St Foy.

But if the 11th is close enough, and you can collect from Meribel………..

I can collect it and make room in the van for some fuel money

Mackem

I got a bike shipped to Spain for 39 quid with http://www.parcel2go.co.uk

chopchop
    Free Member

Parcel2go here as well, collected on a Wednesday afternoon and delivered to Germany on the Friday morning. £40 with additional insurance cover of £450.

stevomcd
    Free Member

Cheers all – I did try Parcel2Go, but their site won’t give me a quote. I will try calling them.

Neal – that might work for me, I can cope with riding another bike for the first few days of the season! Will be in touch if I can’t get courier sorted.

chakaping
    Free Member

Did you try parcelmonkey? Have. mainly used them lately. good for reasonable insurance

stevomcd
    Free Member

Parcelmonkey site won’t quote for it either.

nealglover
    Free Member

Neal – that might work for me, I can cope with riding another bike for the first few days of the season! Will be in touch if I can’t get courier sorted.

No worries, will it be Built or Boxed ?

Would be better if it was built really (or at least not boxed) as I can get it in the van a lot easier with the other two then (very carefully obviously!)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Anyone shipped a bike recently?’ is closed to new replies.