Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Anyone serviced/replaced bearings on Time Atac pedals?
  • fbk
    Free Member

I’ve had a bit of a search round and found a couple of articles on mtbr but I was wondering if anyone on here has done it and how they got on?

I think I know which bearings to get (6801 2rs). They’re 2009 Roc Atac Carbons if that makes a difference

Ambrose

Easy peasy lemon squeasy. See here

fbk
    Free Member

Nice one – Cheers Ambrose

fbk
    Free Member

Ambrose – are those bearing details definitely right? The links I’ve found online give them as 12mm x 21mm x 4.2mm?

I’ll pop the old ones out tonight anyway so I’ll have a look :).

imn

I recently had to replace the bushings and axle seals on my (~2002/3) Atac XS; the bearings were still fine. I got my LBS to order parts after looking up on Chicken Cycles (UK distributor for Time). Delivery took ages, and cost for 2x bushing and 2x seals was about £12.

When knocking out bushes note that there might be a interior ridge just above the inner surface – so make sure you’re hitting the right bit. The polymer can chip quite easily so be careful when pressing the new ones in too.

Ambrose

Those are what I ordered for my Atac Carbons after I stripped them down and measured everything using a digital vernier caliper. They work a treat. Yours are Roc Carbons, so may be different. If you trust your source go with the the dimensions they state, otherwise whip the bushings out and measure the external diameter and the length, as well as the internal diameter, probably best obtained by measuring the axle diameter (due to wear on the inner surface of the bushing).

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Anyone serviced/replaced bearings on Time Atac pedals?’ is closed to new replies.