Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Anyone sell their old clothes?
  • Rosss
    Free Member

If so where? I’ve got loads of old clothes that need shifting and it seems too good to throw out.

Alphabet

Donate to a charity shop?

Rosss
    Free Member

Had thought of that but i’m looking to raise a bit of cash to support my sister.

d45yth
    Free Member

eBay? Although it does take ages to list and take pics of everything.

lister

I wear everything until it is more hole than whole.
    The stuff Mrs Lister doesn’t like gets spirited away to the charity skip when I’m drunk.
    Sorry but this doesn’t help you.
    I tried to ebay a coat. Got a fiver. I can’t support my gin habit on that, never mind a sister.

hs125
    Free Member
    Tracey

All ours bar biking stuff goes to the Barnsley hospice shop. Not worth the trouble of selling and at least its for a good cause

woodlikesbeer
    Free Member

Sold an almost new pair of Levis on ebay for £27.50. I was surprised to get that much. I’ve sold shirts for about £5 each and wool jumpers for about the same. Football boots sell pretty well. Most clothes don’t go for much.
    Baby boden and baby ted baker sells very well though

garage-dweller

Charity if wearable
    Garage rags if not
    50/50 split here

rossi46
    Free Member

eBay for the good stuff, local clothing bank for the rest. They generally buy clothes, soft toys, shoes and handbags etc for 60p a kilo. I got £30 for 4 black bags worth. Not bad if you were going to throw it out 😉
    Failing that- boot sale.

globalti
    Free Member

My clothes get worn until they fall off me – one of Mrs Gti’s regular insults is that I’m a scruffy old beggar. Hers on the other hand have usually only been worn a few times so they go in the charidee bag and I drop them off at BHF near my office. Mine get used for cleaning bikes; cotton M&S underpants are especially good for this.

jesterthefirst
    Free Member

Taking them to a charity shop does have it’s benefits. If you register as a tax payer with them, they can claim back the gift aid. They will also write to you after a couple of months to inform you how much your clothes have raised and they have to offer you an option of claiming this money or donating to the charity.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Anyone sell their old clothes?’ is closed to new replies.