Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • anyone seen the new Saint SPD's for sale yet?
  • lardman
    Free Member

Looked at a few usual suspects, but all seem to waiting for stock.
    ?

simondbarnes

Madison are showing as stock due into them on Friday so should be in the shops next week.

lardman
    Free Member

Thanks for Bike DIscount link…. always a little wary of EU ordering, as they often quote stock they don’t actually have.

LBS will probably just say “not sure, but soon” but interesting that Madison are showing arriving later this week.

I’m impatient and was looking for some instant ‘click’ gratification.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

LBS will probably just say “not sure, but soon” but interesting that Madison are showing arriving later this week.

They can just look at the madison page and tell you that though? then get an order in which will ship to them rather than CRC etc then you try and grab a pair and get them mailed out

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

they are chunky boys aren’t they

MSP

I will be interested to see some reviews of these, I don’t see how a platform will work with the shimano mechanism, but I do prefer the positive click you get from shimano, rather than just having to test if your clipped in or not with mallets by lifting your foot.

lardman
    Free Member

They can just look at the madison page and tell you that though? then get an order in which will ship to them rather than CRC etc then you try and grab a pair and get them mailed out

Ok, well i may try this. Not sure my faith in this process actually happening will last however.

they are chunky boys aren’t they

Only 100gms more than my current Shimano SPD’s. But then i’m a chunky boy too.

I had been using some Shimano platform SPD’s, which i found gave a more supported and positive feel. Less floaty than current ones.
    (in fact, after 18 years, they’re still going. Been serviced ONCE and still spinning, if a little grumbly) like these….

I think the new ones look even more supportive.

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

Thanks for Bike DIscount link…. always a little wary of EU ordering, as they often quote stock they don’t actually have.

Bike24, Bike Discount and a couple of others (bike-components, starbike?) have live stock levels and delivery dates for stuff out of stock. In the last 7 or 8 years i’ve been let down once when some stuff had been mislabeled. (so they had stock of labels, but not what should have been in the bag!)

I’ve found wiggle and CRC to be worse for stock control.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

@lardman Are they 636s that have lost their red colour? If so they were just shy of 700gm IIRC

I know its only 100gms point taken. all adds up though. Mallet DHs are pretty light considering. But yes I agree with MSP, love the shimano ‘feel’

lardman
    Free Member

No, they are grey ones like the above. The Red ones came even before these.
    I’ve only stopped using them, as the spring has become a little in-effective after this long.

I’m more interested in reliability than outright weight saving. Not sure ANYONE is going to find a Crank Bros pedal working hard in 18 years time.

I’m currently using some ‘normal’ trails pedals from Shimano, which are the 100gm lighter ones. I think the monsters pictured above were pretty heavy.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

oooh interesting. I must research these bad boys.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Not sure ANYONE is going to find a Crank Bros pedal working hard in 18 years time.

100% replaceable parts, the springs last forever, the new design makes for a really fast bearing change. I’ll not be heading back to shimano unless they make some real changes, the clip sitting above the pedal just limits the support possible. So yeah great performance with some servicing is better than average for life

SirHC

Can’t see them being great in the mud, looks like they’ll clog up pretty easy.

lardman
    Free Member

the older ones seemed to clear in the mud ok. There have been times they have needed some ‘help’ with clearing, but relatively few. The new ones look similar in the respect.

It does look like the CB pedals have got a lot better in recent years tho’

simondbarnes

Just had some come into stock, they look good.

andywoodall
    Free Member

An LBS I use has had them in this week, Bache Bros in Lye (West Midlands).

RickDraper
    Free Member

Had some since December, they are really nice.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘anyone seen the new Saint SPD's for sale yet?’ is closed to new replies.