Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Anyone seen any fox 34 29er fork deals around? Ideally 120mm
  • khani
    Free Member

I’m not bothered about the latest 2017 versions but some 34 Floats at 120mm or ones that can be reduced to 120mm would be perfect,
    I nearly got some 140mm versions off eBay the other day but on speaking to a man at Mojo 130mm is the lowest a lot of em will go and the days of using spacers to adjust the travel is on the way out depending on what damper is used,
    Then he started going on about shuttle bumpers and new spring assembly’s and rods and spacers and my head started to hurt, 🙁

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

Fox prices don’t vary much, I’ve seen them at £750 with a bit of hunting around. There is pretty much no difference between 2016 & 2017 so suspect you won’t find much in the way of deals on the “old” model as they are more or less the same thing.

fenred
    Free Member

34’s eh?
    …What you up to sunshine? 😀

khani
    Free Member

Nosey… I have a hankering..
    I’m finding that out Doug 🙁

simply_oli_y
    Free Member

Do they have to drop to 120?

If 130 is bearable I have some Rhythm 34s.

khani
    Free Member

Thanks for the offer but the frames only good for 120mm max (100mm travel frame) I’d just like something stiffer than 32’s

kix12
    Free Member

i’m in the same boat khani, i can’t fine any deals around at the mo..so i’m sticking to 32’s. CRC selling the 2015 factory 29-120 for £324. That will do for me 🙂

tomhoward

They def go to 120mm. My new bike is having them fitted as we speak. As part of a build kit though so can’t comment on price.

Gee76
    Free Member

I read on fox website that to go lower than 130 requires a damper change.

Suspect this may just be ideally and may lead to sub optimal damping characteristics but not seen it confirmed.

Anyone tried?

BearBack
    Free Member

Scott have the 34 120mm 29 in their spark 900,910,920,930,940 and 945. Across all spectrums, fit4 and fitgrip damper, factory, performance etc
    I can’t see them have spec’ing a compromised damper just to hit 120mm when their plus sized sparks use a 130mm 34 on the same front triangle.

dlr

2016 34’s can go down to 110, I don’t think the 2017 are different internally, have a look round Fox’s website

https://www.ridefox.com/help.php?m=bike&id=615

dlr

…although they don’t actually list 2017 34 Float at the bottom so maybe not….I would mail Fox, get a accurate response then

https://www.ridefox.com/help.php?m=bike&listall=service

Bearback: Scott might have an OEM only one installed to make it 120 which isn’t available aftermarket

BearBack
    Free Member

Absolutely, Scott did exactly that with 150or160mm 32 forks with the genius. When no one else had them.
    here’s a sku for a 2017 34 29 120mm factory fork pulled from my fox order form
    910-20-097

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Anyone seen any fox 34 29er fork deals around? Ideally 120mm’ is closed to new replies.