Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Anyone seen any bargain bikes for £500?
  • rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Brother wants a hardtail for £500, he’s 6ft so 19′?

Any good deals out there bar the usual Merlin/Pauls Cycles?

thomthumb
    Free Member

last years boardmans in halfords pretty well specced for that money. or the 09 rockhopper disc ( or something) at 499 both look pretty good buys.

funkynick

I’d say you’re gonna be hard pressed to beat Merlin’s Malt 1 Deore sale bike… full Deore disc groupset with Rockshox Tora forks for £450!

v10
    Free Member

08 Caldera’s can be had for £500. Not bad especially when an 09 will set you back £850 and is downgraded!

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Its the Merlin vs this so far..

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Any reasons to go for one over the other? Merlin is winning so far but have recommended a wheel upgrade..

HTTP404
    Free Member

commencal combi discs at merlin with enough money leftover for upgrades.

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

1. Its got Avids- not reliable.
    2. No stock in the right size
    3. Rubbish forks

si_brodiebikes
    Free Member

Not sure if i am allowed to say, but we have an 18″ Kinetic for £500, reduced from £899 for sale, built once for show and in as new condition. Check the full spec here http://www.progressive-bikes.co.uk/kinetic.html

Thanks

Si

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Too small I think Si..

davidrussell
    Free Member

hi Si, is that kinetic up for sale still? Have a mate looking for a bike and it might fit the bill.

cheers

RooleyMoor
    Free Member

may I recommend This. I’ve got the 2007 version afik it’s just a different colour scheme.

Rides great, nice and reliable. Only had to replace the rear mech and shifters due to a mechanical. Forks are OK, but worth upgrading long-term.

si_brodiebikes
    Free Member

Hi david,

Sorry but we have sold our last 08 Kinetic. A dealer of ours, The Bike Worx in Dundee has a Climbmax (next bike up from the Kinetic) that they may be doing a deal on. Give them a call and ask for John.

MussEd
    Free Member

Boy from work picked up an ex-hire Genesis Altitude 20 for £550{i think} from Hub at Glentress. Lovely looking steel frame, decent spec, excellent condition – RRP £1200.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Theres a few Kona left in Cheltenham cycle blast and hoss i think both at £900 now £600 19″ and 21″ dont know which way around give them a ring
    01242 255414

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Anyone seen any bargain bikes for £500?’ is closed to new replies.