Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Anyone running a Minion DHR on the back?
  • bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Looking for a replacement for the maxxis advantage I was running on the back, currently run a minion 60a single ply upfront and I’m looking at the same but dhr for the back.

Anyone run the same or similar? All my riding is natural stuff with bits of road linking together.

Like the minion upfront but what are they like on the back?

stevied
    Free Member

DHF is a front (also good on the back), DHR is a rear specific. DHR2 is a much better tyre than old DHR and good on front too. Ardent is I nice rear option.

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Thanks, had seen the ardent recommended but the only one that seems to be available in 26 is the lust.

Worth a go?

northernmatt

I have a Minion DHR on the backhich replaced a High Roller. Somehow I managed to put it on backwards but haven’t changed it round, due to that it works great up steep nadgery climbs as the square edge of the blocks hits any roots or rocks first. Quite draggy though which you’ll probably notice on your road sections.

chickenman

Run a DHR on the rear. They are a bit draggy so put an Ardent on in the summer (rear only); less draggy but a lot less grip on the steep off-camber rooty stuff. I think Minions are fantastic (except in deep mud); just seem indestructible.

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

My head is burning!

Found the ardent in 2.25″ 60a kevlar folding which I think is the one I need. Need to order one asap.

So come on stw, minion dhr 60a or ardent 60a?

Natural rocky/rooty/moors stuff with bits of road thrown in.

acidchunks

in my experience a DHR on the rear increases gravity on climbs to 3x earth normal

(it was a 42a though and amazing over slippery rock)

Trimix
    Free Member

Tyres are very personal, dependend on you, your bike, your style and above all the pressure you run them at.

Buy both and find out yourself.

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Ardent it is then 🙂

Northwind

I’ve not yet tried the DHR2 but the old one was rotten- I mean, how do you make a front specific and rear specific tyre setup, in which putting a front on the rear is the best option? Weirdos.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Anyone running a Minion DHR on the back?’ is closed to new replies.