Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Anyone running a 1 x 9 set up??
  • SeanOrange
    Free Member

I’ve done a few rides on my 1×9, converted fron SS. Verdict is GOOD for summer trails, a little bit more “Ummpf” for single track. I’ve got a road cassette, a super short cage rear mech with 32T front + bash ring and un-cabled front mech. I’ve got the front mech set-up so that most of the time the chain drops, it picks up again with a couple of crank turns.

kimbers

Also being released at Sea Otter is the new 1.X (say “won bye”) guide from MRP. This guide has been developed and tested in partnership with Giant XC Pro Adam Craig. The 1.X weighs in at only 58 grams and is perfect for the gram counting cross country rider seeking reliable chain retention for their 1 x 9. There are two sizes available, 32-36T and 36-40T. The guide is bb-mount only for simplicity and light weight, and features a chainline adjustable upper guide to dial it in perfectly.

PJ266
    Free Member

That looks good.

bonesetter
    Free Member

Short rear cage, chain as short as poss – never dropped in in two years

phutphutend

All you guys who say the’ve never dropped a chain without a chain guide obviously don’t ride fast enough!!!

chimpymcchimp

Heh, I’m surprised too. I ran 1×9 at Afan for the first time last year and dropped the chain every 100 metres or so. Even dropped it once on the climb!
    Got a Gamut…never dropped since.

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Anyone running a 1 x 9 set up??’ is closed to new replies.