Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Anyone rode on Kefalonia
  • johnikgriff
    Free Member

Off there for a week with the family, was hoping to at least hire a half decent bike for a day. But thought someone may know of somebody out there running guided rides or something in that order.

MrNutt
    Free Member

I know that there are tiny fish in the sea which nibble on your toes.

…thats not much help really is it?

oh and they have earthquakes, and the roads are quite scary, and you’ve got to be careful when you go because it tends to get over run, and they filmed captain corelli’s mandolin there.

and still I’ve failed to answer your original question! sorry!

johnikgriff
    Free Member

Cheers anyway

MrSparkle

Don’t eat the ‘Kefalonian meat pie’. Gave me food poisoning. Ok, it was about 17 years ago now, but still – the b@stards…

BlobOnAStick

Yes, but I took my own bike.

It was nice to explore and I found/saw things that you wouldn’t see by driving about. The hills are very hilly, and the maps equally inaccurate.

I was on a family holiday, and when they drove somewhere for the day via the winding coast road, I rode up and over the mountains on the more direct route, often arriving within a few minutes of their arrival.

I did get horribly lost in the centre of the island at one point,which was scary as the locals only spoke Greek and in that part fo the island very rarely spotted.

Ben

postierich
    Free Member

Had a two week holiday there and it was great,lots of hills with goats tracks all over the place.
    Did not see anyone hiring bikes there and very little in the way of other bikers.
    Take your own and get the rest of the family to hire a 4×4 8)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Anyone rode on Kefalonia’ is closed to new replies.