Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Anyone rocking Industry Nine wheels on here? Pictures and opinions please :-)
  • psychle
    Free Member

Considering the ‘Enduro’ set for my Mojo HD, had a good look at them at the London Bike Show, they look luverly and if the marketing spiel is to believed, there’s ‘method to their madness’ in the propriety spokes etc?

ojom
    Free Member

We got a set in today for a chaps new ti 29r that he is building.

Arch rims. Brown and orange spokes.

They look great but are a lot of cash. Up to you.
    Will it make you a better rider? If so then they might be for you. If not then there are loads of others to choose from.

psychle
    Free Member

£760 or thereabouts for the Enduro build right?

Will it make you a better rider?

Nope… but then, most things on bikes (when you’re going to the top-ish end) won’t do this…

ojom
    Free Member

Yep – but you have to at least attempt to get better or at least claim to 😀

organic355
    Free Member

rocking?

psychle
    Free Member

Yep – but you have to at least attempt to get better or at least claim to

I’ll certainly be making an effort to get better as well, will be looking into a skills course or two to help there… and if this fails, well, I’ll still be making all sorts of claims re. all sorts of things! 😆

nicolaisam
    Free Member

Had one of the first sets in the Uk,about 3-4 years ago,They are very good and the pickup is amazing,The only problems i had were bearings.I used 5 sets in a couple of years.One of the bearings is specially sized by Industry nine and is only available from them.
    Colours are stunning.Hubs are works of art and pawls are east to change and service.

bighendo
    Free Member

not the lightest wheelset..
    ..ooze quality,
    love mine, silver hubs, red spokes, flow rims
    (same as these, but not my pic)
    ….

ianpinder
    Free Member

I’ve got a set of stealth black and black on arch rims for my new tranny. The frame aintbturned up yet so have not risen them, however they are only 1600 g for the set and they look like quality items.

Only paid £350 sh so not bad.

backhander
    Free Member

ian, where from?

psychle
    Free Member

indeed… that’s a good sh price!

Jamie
    Free Member

Anyone rocking

🙄

psychle
    Free Member

hey, I is down with the kids… don’t you be dissing my lingo man… 8)

ianpinder
    Free Member

Backhanded just a guy off the net, it’s too late now he has not got any more! 🙂

undapressure
    Free Member

I got some the other week, they are really good so far, miles better than the Hopes they replaced. Super fast pick up, light, quiet and uber-bling on the bike. They look better than any other hubs on the market IMO (although crossmax sx hubs look sexy as). Could not believe the difference they made to the feel of the bike, accelerates, climbs and descends quicker than before. Would not hesitate to recommend them

nicolaisam
    Free Member

undapressure-I have replaced my Industry nines with Mavic Sx’s with the white hubs and the newer style freehub.Have been excellent.And know messing about with rubber strips and stuff to run UST

hummerlicious
    Free Member

I’ve spent a bit of time on them as we do them in the shop. Super stiff, but the pick up is the big selling point for me, it’s amazing. Make’s Pro II’s seem very pedestrian. I just wish I could afford a pair!

toons
    Free Member

Wow 5 sets of bearing!!!

I’ve had one set for just under 4 years and second pair for two years.

The first I’ve pair; I had problems with the axle & freehub, replaced FOC with an updated version. Also snapped one spoke and changed the bearings once.

Second pair only snapped a spoke, when the rear mech went into the wheel, otherwise trouble free.

Like everyone says, the pick-up is quality and they’re very bling.

£350 was that when $2 = £1?

toons
    Free Member

Turner DW 5 Spot by james_ferguson, on Flickr

i9 by james_ferguson, on Flickr

druidh
    Free Member

The I9s we sold today are simply awesome. Spinning the rear is like playing a delicate musical instrument.

undapressure
    Free Member

sheldona
    Free Member

I was talking with them last year about making me some for my 650b IF. I was quoted £1200 though so went down the Chris King route. They are nice but not £1200 nice!

harvik
    Free Member

I’ve had mine for three-ish years and I’ve only had to change the rear bearings once. Great, great wheel. Bling, yet understated.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Anyone rocking Industry Nine wheels on here? Pictures and opinions please :-)’ is closed to new replies.