Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 87 total)
  • Anyone riding a cannondale prophet?
  • llamaknob
    Free Member

Judging by comments you can run with a tapered stearer too? It just keeps getting better,what year did they stop making the prophet and what year was the mx?

Simon

Last “normal” ones were 2009. Don’t know what years MXs were sold.

robnav
    Free Member

a link to a pic of my old one which i`ve sadly sold now!
    http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/7326052/

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

I bought one on a whim a couple of years ago. £230 for frame, hope reducer headset, rp23 shock, xt e type front mech and postage. Utter bargain!

I also ran mine in the slacker setting and really liked the way it handled. I had 3 bike, a light weight carbon rush, steel hard tail and this prophet that I built up cheap. The prophet was always the bike I picked and the other two sat gathering dust.

I think it’s pretty light weight and was doing 60k rides on a regular basis while I was training for a marathon.

It deals with rough, rocky and fast terrain really well and soaks up the bumps, where I felt that it was let down was on smoother undulating trails like spooky wood or berm baby berm at glentress, for these trails I just flicked the proposal on. It seemed to wallow a bit (im thinking that this could have been fixed by a custom shock tune) On all other terrain it was great, couldn’t fault it.

I had it running rev u turns 120-150 and an x-fusion dropper post.

I stripped it and put everything on a newish cannondale rz120 but I’m thinking of going back to the prophet as it’s so much more stable ion the rough stuff. Although I’m not using the prophet right now, I can’t bring myself to sell it.

Anyone had their shock push tuned or had custom work done on it?

I think all the mtb mags gave the prophet perfect 10 scores too! If you’re thinking of getting one powder coated or painted, think about a raw finish, they look amazing IMO.

biscuitandpotato
    Free Member

Black is a good look for them 😉

Changed the shock

and my old blue one

llamaknob
    Free Member

Loving these pics folks,not sure about the whe lefty thing,I think they look weird,so do I go pikes or revs???

granny_ring

Here’s mine, not used it loads yet but like it so far.
    Dropper post going on it soon.

shifter
    Free Member

Last “normal” ones were 2009. Don’t know what years MXs were sold.

Of the late batch, as well as the 1, 2 & 3, there was a Prophet X with 160mm 36s and chain guide mounts – worth keeping an eye out for.

Simon

Think the X was 2008?
    2009 you could only get Prophet 1 (in red above) and Prophet 2 (white/green, like mine).

hambl90
    Free Member

They are great fun to ride, run mine in slack setting with 150 revs and dropper post.

alexdodd
    Free Member

What year did they stop producing them in the USA? I forget what year mine is, but its the last year of that batch… All solid white with white transfers. I’m not overly keen on my colour scheme. But its the least of my worries when i’m on it having fun, lets be honest…

peteimpreza

They were all made in the USA and they stopped production in 2009. Muppets!!

I have the last one imported to Europe. Awesome bike and I would love to get a second one as my bike in Slovenia bike. 😀

alwhit
    Free Member

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/cannondale-prophet-1-2009
    Have this one for sale, had it from new great bike just had chance of a new bike

Brown
    Free Member

They’re brilliant bikes! I’ve had three (one MX, two ‘normal’ Prophets.) Raced XC, the Mega, done mutli-day trips… awesome.

Never cracked or broken, but my MX did go through shock bushings VERY fast, which was annoying.

To answer an earlier question: I got the shock pushed on the MX. It felt good – I felt it had been bottoming out too easily prior to that.

I’m about to strip a large 2009(?) frame to sell if anyone’s interested… 😉

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

My Rush (same swingarm) is running 650b. No mods.

Simon

@alwhit – what have you replaced it with?

alwhit
    Free Member

Really wanted cotic rocket but by the time I priced the build I wanted it was out of my range, not to bothered about wheel size so took out Norco sight 2 in the Evans Sale really liked it had a moment and paid just over 2 k for it bargain

GEDA
    Free Member

I always wondered what bike I will replace mine with. Just put some wider bars on mine and some hope hoops and do not see the need to change at the moment.

I do have a mx frame/bike I am selling back in the UK though if any body wants one.

Simon

Same here George, I’ve had mine 3½ years now and I really can’t see any need to replace mine either.

phillyphil
    Free Member

Here’s my 650b 2006 (I think?) prophet. Only thing original really in the frame and lefty. I have a 1×9 set up stans tubless wheels with project 351 hubs. Rear clears fine with it in free ride mode. I even rode a nevegal 2.25 rear tire for a while and it cleared fine as well. ..,everyone says it doesn’t clear but it does. I even ran it with the stock front derailleur and no issues. Now with a 2.1 rear it has even more clearance. I love my bike. I’d like a lock out front fork and maybe a better rear shock but no issues with what I have.

phillyphil
    Free Member

z1ppy

bland

Swapped mine for a carbon stereo and I’ll admit I miss it, only went for £180 on the bay and it had the best anodised type paint I’ve ever seen on a bike!

Stick a coil shock on it and its a gem

scottfitz
    Free Member

I love mine, Its now 1×10.

IMAG0135 by scottgolfgti, on Flickr

kilo

Quick prophet sus question, if you pick the bike up from the top tube just below the saddle and you can feel a slight looseness is that the shock bushings or something more serious, it is only slight just a click of slack

scottfitz
    Free Member

shock bushings, My CP is 5 years old and have never done the main pivot bearing but have done the rear shock bushing 3 time and the front once. So my guess would be rear shock bushing. You should be able to see or feel it when lifting the bike like you said.

torsoinalake
    Free Member

Fitting a heavy duty shock mount to the lower eyelet helps. TF Tuned sell them.

scottfitz
    Free Member

Fitting a heavy duty shock mount to the lower eyelet helps. TF Tuned sell them.

+1

Fabdad
    Free Member

Llamaknob, sent you an email,I’ve got a medium Prophet MX frame up for grabs,in the West Kids .

Fabdad
    Free Member

That’s in the West Mids 🙂

andylc
    Free Member

How does the Rush compare to the Prophet? Both single pivot but the Rush looks nicer (to me) and is also available quite cheap from time to time.

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

Andy I’ve had both. The Rush is excellent for long XC rides where efficiency is of prime importance. Very comfortable over long distances. It was also very capable over technical terrain but the prophet has the edge here. I’ve raced XC on it, marathons and even an Alps trip where I was following (slowly) DH bikes.

The prophet is a bit more of a hooligan. It does well on XC rides and it doesn’t stop you putting in the miles but it’s really designed for more techie steeper terain. I felt more comfortable doing jumps/drops on the prophet but that was probably due to the build kit. I’ve done several 60k+ rides on it but it was more effort and I was slower on it than the Rush.

If I could only have one, i’d have the prophet. But that’s just me.

GEDA
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJZy-rlricc[/video]

I still love my prophet though I am thinking of building something bigger so I don’t kill it now I have picked up the courage to do bigger drops.

Fabdad
    Free Member

After seeing all those great Prophets I think my MX’s a keeper!!!

wheelie

I was looking for a secondhand Bandit, but if one of these came up in a small, I would be very tempted. How do the two bike compare?

scottfitz
    Free Member

I looked at replacing my prophet about 18 months ago but couldn’t fine anything liked better. Rode bikes from, Scott, Spesh, Cube & Cannondale. I ended up just upgrading the prophet now I love riding it even more.

https://www.rootsandrain.com/photos/535052

Fabdad
    Free Member

Great pics Scott,looks like you were enjoying giving the Prophet a good ragging around Eastridge,one of my favourite riding spots!

bland

Can anyone remember what the special edition they did was called? It had slacker geometry and a little more travel if I remember right? Saw one once on eBay ages ago and should have bought it!

z1ppy

MX or X versions came with warranty for 160mm forks (same 140mm rear) & so a slacker head angle than the std 140mm. No changes to the actual frame geometry, extra iscg mounts, butting round head tube for extra stress & bolt thru rear end on the MX versions

GEDA
    Free Member

I have a normal prophet in Sweden and an MX frame in the UK. It is for sale 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 87 total)

The topic ‘Anyone riding a cannondale prophet?’ is closed to new replies.