Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Anyone riden at Winterberg and / or Willingen in Germany?
  • Steveo

Thinking of going over to Germany for a weeks riding in mid September with the GF. Winterberg and Willingen bike parks seem like a good idea for a week away. Has anyone had an experience of them? If so, what did you think, would you recommend them? What are they like if it rains etc? We will be in a campervan, so any experience of camping near the venues would also be helpful.
    All thought welcome.
    Cheers

Kitz_Chris
    Free Member

Yep, ridden at both, and both are great for a few days. Winterberg has less natural stuff but they are both more man-made Slopestyle (can I use that term?!) than DH. the positive of that is its fine in the wet. every day I was there we had torrential rain and the only down side is getting cold on the lift.
    there are fewer beginner trails than most places though so be prepared.
    No info about camping though, as we were staying with some friends. Have a fun trip (and head down to Kitzbuhel if you get a chance!)

mikey74
    Free Member

Winterberg Pics and report

I haven't but Rob at Freeborn in Esher has.

genesis
    Free Member

There was a writeup in Dirt on one of them iirc and the feedback was pretty good.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Anyone riden at Winterberg and / or Willingen in Germany?’ is closed to new replies.