Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Anyone ride Schwalbe Sammy Slicks?
  • cjr61

Looking for some CX tyres that will be ‘good’ on the tarmac as well as muddier stuff. Need to ride about 8 miles road before I hit to fun stuff and wasn’t sure whether these are jack of all trades and master of none?

Recommendations welcome for a fast rolling CX/Semi-slick option.
    Thanks

cyclistm
    Free Member

Smart sam worked well for my part South downs part road commute.

The cx comp have been disappointing at both parts of the commute

I’ve not used the Sammy Slick

cjr61

Cool, Smart Sam just looked a bit Knobbly hence I had discounted them. Might have to have aother look!

bspoked
    Free Member

Yep, love them. I’m about 80-road/20-off. When they are not on the turbo. They can be a bit sketchy on wet mud, but predictably so.

The only thing I’ve found they really don’t like is flinty shards of rock.

IdleJon

I had Sammy Slicks on the CAADX when I bought it. I expected them to be rubbish but really enjoyed them. I used them for the first two dry races of the season then changed to knobbies but will be putting them on again for Battle on the Beach and probably leave them on for a while. Depends on what terrain you’re riding obviously, but for a mix of road, fire-road, dry-ish tracks they are fine.

IA

Yep, love them. I’m about 80-road/20-off. When they are not on the turbo. They can be a bit sketchy on wet mud, but predictably so.

The only thing I’ve found they really don’t like is flinty shards of rock.

I’d echo this. Used them for a 50/50 commute and they were great. Actually a lot better than I thought (to be fair, expectations were low) in the mud cos they sink in then the edge knobs work. Still get a bit wet’n’wild mind, but fast and fun with it…

cjr61

Excellent, anyone got a cheapo pair for me to try?

Thanks

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Anyone ride Schwalbe Sammy Slicks?’ is closed to new replies.