Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • anyone ride in nike 6.0 shoes?
  • MrCrushrider
    Free Member

as above really – what are they like?

kimbers

they are a very decent skate shoe

soles not too thick but still comfy, quite grippy

they support your feet nicely if that makes sense; as in heel and toe cups are relatively stiff

as good as rowley xlts but not better imho

Dylan08
    Free Member

Had a pair of 6.1's and my toe ripped through the upper (the szing was correct)

Also have a pair of Nike Air Whistler – amazing! still going strong after 4 years of weekly rides with some commutes chucked in

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

any good for riding 'in the hills' as apposed to communiting/ street riding?

Graham_Clark

Yep. They're pretty good. Nice and grippy, but possibly a bit soft for hard landings. Can be reasonably easy to bruise your instep/sole if you're not careful.

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

hmmm, i might give them a go then. some good deals on Evans – which is unlucky since evans mail order has always been a nigtmare IME! 🙄

Wozza
    Free Member

I do, but it's only because my ACGs died. To be honest I think the soles are a bit hard on my feet, i've been getting cramp on long rocky descents I never used too on the ACGs.

Unless they're silly cheap i'd look at 5Tens.

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

5-10s are a bit steep – i know theyre supposed to be sh1t hot but i cant afford £70 at the mo! there's some 6.0's on evans for £35

Wozza
    Free Member

I found the softer sole ACG to fit V8's and DX very well, they don't look as big a surface area but the pins dig into the soles nicely. Plus when it all turns a bit "hike a bike" your soles have plenty of grip on loose rock, slippy mud all that kinda XC stuff.

6.0 aren't a bad shoe on the bike and for £35 you can get either those or the ACGs.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘anyone ride in nike 6.0 shoes?’ is closed to new replies.