Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Anyone ride at swinley? Here is babymaker.
  • jakeyo1
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dL6M_3DpOB0[/video]

domderbyshire
    Free Member

Looks fun. I ride Swinley a fair bit, but haven’t come across that. Where is it? I think I need to explore more and head out from the blue and red…

zinger
    Free Member

its one of the down hills from the top of surrey hill (The labyrinth), instead of taking the red left down the hill head past the big wooden map post (without map) and then its the 2nd left.

jakeyo1 – you need to try and get some air on that trail looked like your wheels were glued to the trail 🙂

nairnster
    Free Member

Were you carrying a bag of spanners?

WildHunter2009

Makes me very happy to see babymaker is still there. Is the awesome trail over to the left still there? Deerstalker possibly? I never quite got the hang of the names!

maxtorque

sorry, minus 10 enduro points for overly long stem and overly narrow bars………. 😉

stewartc
    Free Member

sorry, minus 10 enduro points for overly long stem and overly narrow bars

I thought that was perspective, but now you mention it……

jakeyo1
    Free Member

Don’t worry guys. That was my old bike. I now have a gt force with 785 bars and a 50
    Stem. Hope that’s enduro enough.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Thanks for that. Never knew it was there.

domderbyshire
    Free Member

I know where you mean. I’ll have a go next time I’m over. Ta for the info. With 740 bars and a 55 stem I might , just about, cut it.

razorrazoo

WildHunter2009 – Member

Makes me very happy to see babymaker is still there. Is the awesome trail over to the left still there? Deerstalker possibly? I never quite got the hang of the names!

Deerstalker is incorporated into the Red run. It’s the downhill section before the clearing at the bottom (where babymaker ends up too), the up and down twisty section through the woods is Labyrinth. Other runs off the top (The Clubhouse) are ‘Old Deerstalker’ (the original top bit of Deerstalker) and Axle Run (the original old school ‘dh’ run off the hill which is hardly used now (takes me back to the days of Maguras, Tioga DH tyres and only saplings on that there hill).

thepurist

And if you turn right after the climb instead of left there’s another bunch of delights in there too, some of which take you back to where red #15/16 come out. Wasn’t there a video of one of the DH guys doubling the jumps on Babymaker?

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

I had no idea that was still there! I have only ridden the marked trail since the re-vamp as I don’t get over there often enough to explore.
    I will next time though!

RobHilton
    Free Member

Wasn’t there a video of one of the DH guys doubling the jumps on Babymaker?

About 3:30 – **** enormous jump!

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y83uahlmjrU[/video]

razorrazoo

thepurist – Member

And if you turn right after the climb instead of left there’s another bunch of delights in there too, some of which take you back to where red #15/16 come out.

The main one there is called The Camel Trail I think. Pretty short and fast with a few little jumps. It’s been tidied up a bit recently (some of the berms were a bit loose which led to my most recent high speed face/dirt interface). It sort of runs into nothing though before it joins to the red.

jakeyo1
    Free Member

Anyone going to be there today?

freddiek01
    Free Member

does anyone have a good map that shows you all the dh/freeride trails or how to get there? also does anyone have any ideas of how i can find my way around efficiently as last time all we could do was find the gulley and red/blue trails.

thanks

jakeyo1
    Free Member

freddiek01 – Member

does anyone have a good map that shows you all the dh/freeride trails or how to get there? also does anyone have any ideas of how i can find my way around efficiently as last time all we could do was find the gulley and red/blue trails.

thanks

At the carpark go the other way from the start of blue through that activity place for about 5 mins along a fire road. Then at the end you will see the main road to your left and a long fire road to you right follow that for about 10 mins and you will get to a steep climb at the top of that is red 14 follow that for a couple trails and you will find the downhill section. its prob not the quickest route but its the easiest to explain.
    hope that helps.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Anyone ride at swinley? Here is babymaker.’ is closed to new replies.