Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Anyone ride an XL Camber Evo 2015 onwards?
  • haggis1978

Think they’ve done away with the Evo bike for 2016 onwards to be accurate anyway but I’m just wondering about sizing. I’m a bawhair under 6’2″ and the XL frame size has a similar top tube length to my other bike which I’m comfortable on. All the size guides tell me I’m borderline between a large and XL. I’m thinking I should be going for the XL. Does anyone have a different opinion? I have average dimensions for my height. Thanks

sprocker
    Free Member

I am just over 6 foot and on a large camber evo but would say I am on the upper limit, feels fine to me with a 60mm stem but if I was any taller I would to xl. Even the XL is not particularly long, great bikes ! A 5 8 bike journalist would want a XXL though

garage-dweller

I’m 5’10 and comfy on a large 2015 camber evo (I’m long bodied, like a little stretch and riding is wheels on the ground/no hucking focussed)

I would guess if you’re 4″ taller than me that the large will feel very “compact”.

Clink

I’m 5’10” on a large 2016 Camber Comp carbon. You definitely need the XL.

theboyneeds
    Free Member

I’m just over 6′ on a large 2015 evo. I wouldn’t want to be any bigger.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

A shade under 6’2″ and ride a L.

Fits me well

haggis1978

most folk thinking an xl anyway. cool i’ll try and get a demo first just to be sure. thanks 😀

br
    Free Member

I’m 6’2″ and run a large Camber evo (2014).

An XL would fit better, but as it’s a slack seat-tube it works ok with a 170mm Reverb on the more steeper stuff we have around here.

If I lived somewhere flatter and/or more XC I’d want an XL.

In fact, if I’d bought it new I’d have got an XL. 🙂

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

An XL would fit better, but as it’s a slack seat-tube it works ok with a 170mm Reverb on the more steeper stuff we have around here.

On a camber?

br
    Free Member

On a camber?

Golfie, Thornielee and Inners off-piste/enduro stuff is fine – I’ve put another airspring in the Pike to take it out to 140mm.

Big wheels roll 🙂

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

I ride one but with the 120mm it came with – I cant imagine it with 170mm on it that’s all. Buy an enduro for that and a stumpy if you want 14mm??

bomberman
    Free Member

as it’s a slack seat-tube it works ok with a 170mm Reverb

Rockhshox Reverb – ie a dropper post.

And 120mm fork isn’t enough for the camber, 140mm is perfect.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Anyone ride an XL Camber Evo 2015 onwards?’ is closed to new replies.