Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Anyone ridden Stainburn recently?
  • Tomahawk
    Free Member

Has anyone ridden Stainburn lately? Got a slot for an outing tomorrow and was wondering how it has held up after the hostile winter? Has there been any further development following on from last year?
    Muchos.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

There has been nothing new added in the last 12 month, due to the hardcore of trail builders diverting to another project in Leeds.
    The trails are in good or reasonable condition although a few of the hard techy bits have suffered over the last 2 winters from people taking avoiding lines off the main trail. We have plans to sort that out.
    There is some extension work in progress, but that won't come online for another few months.
    Up on the Norwood side, where the tree felling was done last year, some bits have been reclaimed and cleared, but most of the woodwork has been removed by the FC/FE and what trails there are are natural, so expect some boggy bits.

Tomahawk
    Free Member

Thank you for that, sorry in the delay in responding.

We rode the Trails the other day, typically it had been dry all week and started raining as we pulled into the car park! LOL 😡 (that was the second car park by the way having found the wrong one named 'Stainburn Forest' and rode for a bit before making an educated decision we were not where we intended!)(Norwood is where you need to be by the way.)

I really enjoyed the trails and would like to commend the creators, in the black route you have created arguably the most technical black in the UK. Unfortunately the rain hampered certain line selection aided by the 'green moss of pain' covering the rock sections.

The trails also highlight what can be done in a relatively small area, and has inspired me to look at the possibility of developing my local trails which are non exsistant at present. Any advice on how the process of this happens would be appreciated.

Can you reveal the location of this new project? 😉

Chase
    Free Member

Rode it last night (16th). It was undoubtably Stainburn at it's best. Dry, fast and fun.
    The Boulder Trail and the woodwork was all dry making for a great session.
    Norwood over the road is drying up nicely too (ride to the top corner of the red/start of the DL, cross the road into the other woods and pick up the trail heading left, exit in the small car park, go through the 2nd gate up to the mast, head right at the top and right again into the trees. The rest of the old trails are pretty much still there right across to the trig point and beyond).

Tomahawk
    Free Member

Oopps. I'm not sure that i actually rode Stainburn! Is that a different place to the Norwood car park?

Chase
    Free Member

Hopefully you set off from here…..

http://www.multimap.com/s/TWGTDge4

The Boulder Trail is in the trees below the red dot. A lot of trees on the LH side of the road have been felled (where the Descent Line now runs).
    Norwood is on the RH side of the map. If you scroll up the map you can see the mast compound and the little car park that I mentioned to the left next to the road.

Simon

Yep, conditions were perfect last night, and I got up the Wall of Death and over the Humpback, which is a first for me.

Chase
    Free Member

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Can you reveal the location of this new project?

Buck woods in Thackley it's a small jump spot with tabletop jumps, some drops and a pumptrack.

Tomahawk
    Free Member

Cheers Barracas.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Anyone ridden Stainburn recently?’ is closed to new replies.