Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Anyone ridden RS Sektors???
  • Bushwacked
    Free Member

Those new Sektors are looking quite interesting.

Anyone ridden with them? How stiff are they for a 150mm fork?

For some reason they look less burly than a Pike but I imagine that they are probably more capable than a pike.

B

reggiegasket
    Free Member

I had a couple of rides on them (coil uturns) and they aren’t as burly as a Pike it’s true. But then mine are nearly 300g lighter, which is a fair chunk.

They are nice though – very plush and not far off the Pike in terms of steering accuracy and burliness.

Jamie
    Free Member

I have been toying with the idea of the coil Sektors. Currently have some 2010 Rev Race Dual Air U-Turns…..but part of me wants to go back to a fit and forget coil fork.

Any decent pics of them on the bike Reggie?

reggiegasket
    Free Member

on the home PC

I’ll try tonight.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Reggie – noticeable difference between these and the pikes?

roblerner
    Free Member

I’ve got some coil u-turns (~10 rides old). Very very good for the money. Slightly flexier than bolt-through fox floats, but probably just better in terms of plushness and small-bump. Rebound isn’t quite as capable but still very adequate. A bit chunky too at around 2kg, but then they’re cheap and have a big coil in them.

Overall; thumbs up.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

As a hard hitting trail fork – do they do the business?

Sounds like they are exceptional value for money.

Bregante

I was on the phone to TF tuned last week and one of the guys (forget who) was raving about the coil ones, saying they’re superb for the money – and he wasn’t trying to flog me any either – cos they’ve sold out.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Anyone got anything to add?

skiprat
    Free Member

I replaced a pair of normal QR Floats with Solo Air Sektor RL’s with 20mm maxle lite. Way better front end now. Got them of Loco. He strips them down beore sending them to check their all ok first and then i asked him to drop the travel a bit too. Front end tracks very nicely now. Its plush.

Maxle lite takes a bit longer to use when compared to normal maxle but its a solid front end.

I like them and for the money they’re great.

Jamie
    Free Member

Bushwacked:
    Anyone got anything to add?

Got mine yesterday. They are fitted and hoping to get out tonight. Looks like a new Maxle Lite compared to my 2010 Revs. Have them wound down to 140mm for the record.

Still not sure about the whiteness of them yet…..

Oh, If you have the CRC 10% discount order them from CRC for £297. I was gutted I missed out on that by a day….but then if I have any probs I think I would rather be dealing with TFT, who I ordered from, than CRC when it comes to forks.

jedi

For what bike?

Bushwacked
    Free Member

BFe – to replace the Pace forks which are shot to bits. May go on another too but mainly for the BFe.

LoCo
    Free Member

Pretty good forks for the money, this months shipment (to all suppliers) didn’t arrive there is a provisional date for the next batch to arrive in the country around the 20th of Novemeber.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Anyone ridden RS Sektors???’ is closed to new replies.