Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Anyone resprayed a curvy full sus frame?
  • hora
    Free Member

Its a Specialized Enduro- Thinking of keeping the rear black and the front metallic gold. I’ve had a couple of hardtails powdercoated and I’ve nitromored them myself and no issues but not a linkage/curvy one.

Issues? Tips? ….anywhere you’d recommend sending the front triangle to? No not Argos!

sambob
    Free Member

Sounds hideous. That is all.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

why does shape make any odds? did you ride btw?

rob-jackson
    Free Member

oh and

hora
    Free Member

I watcched ‘Senna’ yesterday 8)

nowthen
    Free Member

Let’s just hope you can find somebody else who is also in love with your new colour scheme, once you decide this bike is the source of all your riding issues…

hora
    Free Member

I know that and its a highly personal choice. My Kawasaki green Chameleon sold well before it became popular tho 😉

hora
    Free Member

Just spotted this on Oranges FB

http://www.orangebikes.co.uk/news/view/the_five_black_gold

BOOM! I knew I was right 😉

Tracey

Both done at LSN in Castleford

hora
    Free Member

Hi Tracey, this one? http://www.lsn-coatings.co.uk/

How much did you pay for the front triangles and did you have any issues fitting the pivot/bearings back in?

I’ve only ever resprayed hardtails you see..

Tracey

Thats the one

Katies was £50, Abigales was £60 due to having the white bit done. That was for having full bike done including stripping and masking out. No problems in fitting them all back together

hora
    Free Member

Thank you. When you say stripping you mean the existing paint not removing pivots etc?

Tracey

Just the existing paint

hora
    Free Member

Got it. Thank you 🙂

munrobiker
    Free Member

I’ve seen Tracey’s bikes in the flesh at work and was very impressed with them, so much so I wanted LSN to do my new frame but they don’t do the finish I’m after.

hora
    Free Member

I’d have to post.. will see if can do this service.

Tracey

Where do you live as I think the guy lives somewhere in West Yorks. You may be able to meet him some where near you.

Its worth a visit to his work place just to look at the colours and finishes he can do

hora
    Free Member

A very good point.

skiprat
    Free Member

Mark, they have loads of tubes already coated for you to see the colours. I’ve had 2 frames sprayed by them and they were both very good. Turn around was about 3-4 days including them stripping old paint. Both were hardtails.

Just a small bit of advice, get some old BB cups, seatpost and headset that can be left in when they spray. First time it was a bit of a **** getting the paint out the threads. They just put some rolled up paper in.

Good service tho.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Anyone resprayed a curvy full sus frame?’ is closed to new replies.