Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Anyone repaired a tubeless tyre?
  • rickon
    Free Member

Hi Chaps,

I shredded the sidewall on a 4 ride old Conti X-King RS last weekend, I did plan on just replacing it – but considering that’s just £35 wasted, I decided to glue it externally, and patch it internally.

It’s holding air overnight, with no loss.

Has anyone done the same? And had success? If I get another ride out of it, then it’s worth it I suppose.

Cheers

Ricks

wwaswas

if you use a ‘proper’ tubeless tyre patch inside it should be ok. Depends on the damage, really.

I tend to take the view that if I wouldn’t run it with a tube then tubeless is a bit of a non-starter.

micky
    Free Member

Yes I’ve repaired them using the internal patch kits from CRC. I had a brand new tyre get cut from a piece of glass. I just patched it from the inside only. It all depends on how big the cut is I guess. Mine was about 3mm long at the point it actually broke through.

chakaping
    Free Member

Yes bought some motorbike tyre repair patches off ebay and stuck them inside tyre. Worked great.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

if you use a ‘proper’ tubeless tyre patch inside it should be ok.

Agreed.

Repaired a few this way before I ran sealant, including a flint gash in a LUST High Roller. I used the TipTop tubeless kit and bought some extra patches for good measure.

rickon
    Free Member

Cool, I’m happy with that. I ran the tyre with a tube for a decent length around NyA and it held up on decent leans.

Sweet. Cheers chaps.

neninja
    Free Member

I had this happen on a nearly new Rubber Queen. Was gutted and sewed the cut with dental floss, glued it and patched on the inside.

The thing is I still swapped it for another tyre as the last thing I’d want if for the repair to fail on a rocky descent or in the middle of nowhere on the moors etc.

compass81

Repaired several flint cuts (up to about 8mm) with an internal patch over the past three years and all have held well. Through experimenting out of desperation I have found that super glue and whatever robust material is knocking around works just as well as commercially available kits. My current favourite is off cuts of Fizik bar tape from my road bike. Cut to size and shape its held for six months with no issues.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Anyone repaired a tubeless tyre?’ is closed to new replies.