Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Anyone renewed a passport lately?
  • esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

How long did it take? Are the backlogs that were apparent still ‘backlogged’?

I need to get a new one before I apply for an Indian visa but I’m off to Spain on 5th Oct.
    Should I panic?

paulosoxo
    Free Member

We did the bairns online, we had it back within two weeks.

onandon
    Free Member

It took 4 weeks for my uk renewal to be delivered.
    Delivered the Friday just gone.

Lifer
    Free Member

Used check and send at the post office, took 10 days to get the new one. Received last week.

bruk

Due to replace mine. Ran out in July but left it over summer as wouldn’t be needing it. Good news re the lead times now. Only question is, do I sort it out tomorrow or wait till the result of the Independence Day on Thursday and get a Scottish one if they vote yes.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Recently married, wife did hers early Aug it took just over 2 weeks.

esselgruntfuttock – Member
    How long did it take? Are the backlogs that were apparent still ‘backlogged’?
    I need to get a new one before I apply for an Indian visa but I’m off to Spain on 5th Oct.
    Should I panic?
    POSTED 46 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

IIRC Spain needs 6 months on your current passport, I may be wrong though. Id apply now.

njee20
    Free Member

Two weeks to the day for me, got it back a couple of weeks ago

midlifecrashes

Mrsmidlife had no trouble with Spain returning 30 Aug, passport due to run out 6 Sept. India visa might take a while and be a faff, I’d not want to have them switching passports during the process.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

It’s not the Spanish bit I’m worried about! My passport runs out next June but I’m off to Goa in January, leaving there on Feb 7th. I need 6 months left on my passport as per Indian regs but it looks like I’ll be ok applying for a new passport as soon as I get back from Spain so I can then apply for an Indian Visa! (hence wondering if there was a big backlog.)

*do not try to apply for an Indian Visa after having alcohol* This I can testify to!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

IIRC Spain needs 6 months on your current passport, I may be wrong though. Id apply now.

Spain is eu so should not need anything special.

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

Regarding Spain.I used mine the other year to travel to Spain in October,passport ran out early January,so less than 3 months left on it,I had no trouble at immigration.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Anyone renewed a passport lately?’ is closed to new replies.