• This topic has 15 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Anyone recommend an online contact lenses supplier
  • TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

Having gotten a little dissheartened by the service i recive with my eyecare i have decided to go down the buy it myself route. I have had the full eye test and healcare check done so just need a reliable supplier of daily toric lenses. Trouble is they seem to be rather expensive to say the least, more than double the cost of standard lenses.

Anyone got a good supplier? Sorry if its not about biking but it is effecting my biking because at the moment i cant see much and keep hurting myself.

I previously bought from sightcare2000 but they don't stock the lenses I use now (Acuvue True Eyes).

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

I used to use contactlenses.co.uk about 3 years ago, they were good.

headfirst
    Free Member

daysoftlenses

I've been using them for at least 3 years now, cheap, reliable service and very comfortable lenses. Previously had focus dailies, daysoft are better IMHO

AndyP
    Free Member

daily torics will always be significantly more than daily sphericals, wherever you go…

mike@dialled…what do you think of the TruEye lens? be interested to hear your opinions!

mema
    Free Member

I also use contanctlenses.co.uk, they are cheaper than the high street shops.

stevehine

I use visiondirect.co.uk – always delivered promptly and reliably and cheaper than local opticians to boot.

Carbis

For companies based in this country you usually need your lens prescription for an internet optician to dispense the lenses to you, so remember to add in the cost of an eyetest. For that reason I have used http://www.shopping4net.co.uk for the past few years (4 orders) for my focus dailies contact lenses, as they don't need a prescription, being based in Sweden.

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

The eye test etc has been sorted last week 🙂

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Will check each site out and take it from there.

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

Daysoftlenses look great value but no mention of toric lenses.

contactlense.co.uk seems expensive. I tried Asda and they were much cheaper (Seems strange to ge them from the supermarket)

oomidamon

I've used visiondirect for years, they give very fast service and are dead cheap.

john_drummer
    Free Member

personally I would recommend finding a decent optician that will send your lenses (and solutions if relevant) by post AND offer you decent aftercare included in the price.

You only have one pair of eyes. don't mess with them.

Pieface

I been using contactlenses for years despite not having an eye test for years…..

I may spend the £30. I only wear them a couple of hours a few times a week so figure the eye test isn't as important, I see it as changign from glasses to sunnies every now and then

dave_aber
    Free Member

You only have one pair of eyes. don't mess with them.

Aye, what he said. My local optician is about £1 more for a 3 month supply of torics. Why would I give my money to some 'whoever' on the internet instead of the guy who knows about MY eyes, and who I can pop in to see if I have a problem, any time. (Even in the pub!)

Support your local <insert service here> or lose them!

DezB
    Free Member

http://www.postoptics.co.uk. Prices are good. I just got next day delivery on a batch of solutions.
    It's the only one I've looked at, to be honest. (Haven't felt the need to shop around)

DezB
    Free Member

Ps. re, the "decent optician", as suggested by Pieface – Postoptics won't sell you lenses unless you've had a recent check-up. They do contact the optician to check too.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Anyone recommend an online contact lenses supplier’ is closed to new replies.